Chapter 43

Manik looked at Arjun, terrified by those blurry images that were scaring him. He snuggled onto his chest.

Arjun caressed his back, "Shh... mera bacha... sab theek hai." Manik closed his eyes against the tears.

"Baba," Manik called him, "Hain baba ki jaan."

"Scared," Manik said in a tiny voice, breaking Arjun's heart.

"You want to share something?" Arjun encouraged him, but he spoke nothing. Arjun waited for him to open up, but when he didn't, he sighed and hugged him close. There was silence in the room, which was broken by Manik, "Baba, am I bad?" he whispered after a minute.

"No, baby, why would you say that?" Arjun wiped his tears.

"Will you hate me?" Arjun got worried hearing Manik talking like that.

"Nahi bachu, how can baba hate his baby?" Arjun consoled in a soft voice. "I want to show you something."

Arjun nodded, Manik lifted his shirt. Arjun got a clear look at his stomach, which was covered with scars. He caressed them softly, already knowing about these scars and having a hunch about where he got them.

Arjun caressed Manik's face gently, "Do you want to tell me, baba, how you got that?" He asked softly.

Manik looked down, and Arjun caressed his back to provide support.

"I... I... was.........." Manik gulped.

Away from the city, in the basement, we can see a man leaning on the chair, enjoying his drink.

He looked at his assistant who arrived sweating badly, "Kya hua? Any information, kab araha wo chuha (mouse) mere pass?" he asked.

The assistant gulped, not knowing how to break the new set of information to him. "S... Sir!" He stuttered.

The man looked at him with raised eyebrows, "Kya hua, kahan tak pahuncha mission?"

Closing his eyes, "Sir, the mission failed," as soon as the assistant completed his words, he was met with a tight slap and landed on the floor.

The man threw the glass on the wall, "Aisa kaise hogaya, when we planned everything and executed it efficiently, the how?" he shouted, kicking the assistant.

"Sir... pata nahi... how they escaped and how police got to know," he groaned in pain.

The man kicked him one more time. He looked at his other man and passed an order, "Kill him!".

Rohit was talking to someone over the phone when he collided with a hard chest. He was about to fall when a pair of strong arms held him protectively.

He opened his eyes slowly, caressing his head, "Oww!" He looked upward and glared at the old man.

"Dekhe nahi chal sakte andhe kahin ke," he blurted out in anger.

Arjun cupped his face gently, "Kya hua tha aapke saath?" Manik closed his eyes in pain, letting the tears fall.

He didn't have the energy to recall any incident from his past, but at the same time, he was tired of bottling up his emotions.

Arjun looked at him and sighed. No matter how desperate he was to know about his past, he didn't want to force him. He hugged him.

Rohit widened his eyes and bore them into the man in order to scare him.

The man chuckled, shaking his head. The boy thinks he can scare him with his kitten-like looks.