Chapter 44

Rohit swayed his legs while sitting on the slab, looking at Anirud curiously. The smell of the food brought water to his mouth. He gulped his saliva; he hated to admit it, but he was genuinely hungry.

Anirud controlled his laughter, looking at Rohit's expression from the corner of his eyes. He looked no less than a curious baby.

"Do you want to try and tell me if I put the correct amount of salt or not?" Anirud asked him.

Rohit rolled his eyes, "Why should I, Anirud? Don't you have hands and a mouth to taste it yourself?" Rohit retored.

Anirud raised his eyebrow, "Really? Ok then." Anirud put a spoonful of rice in his mouth, chewing it slowly to make Rohit jealous, "Hmm! Wow! So tasty, what a cook I am," Anirud praised himself.

He took another spoonful of rice and this time tapped his hand on the slab, "Waa! What a delicious food, yum." He looked at Rohit, who was looking at him with a small face.

"You want some?" he asked. Rohit immediately straightened himself, getting embarrassed. Anirud smiled at his pink cheeks. Seeing his gaze, Rohit looked down, blushing more. Anirud tried to control himself but failed. He took a step toward him, cupping his face, and planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

Rohit was surprised by this sudden gesture. Instead of feeling awkward or uncomfortable, he felt warmth spreading throughout his chest. He looked into Anirud's eyes and then averted his gaze, seeing so much love and warmth in them.

He pushed Anirud, taking him by surprise. "What? Mr.? You think by kissing my forehead you will convince me that you're a good cook? Never!" Rohit exclaimed.

Anirud rolled his eyes, taking a spoonful of rice, he looked at Rohit, "The airplane is flying... Wohooo... it's about to land... where will it land... let me guess here." He brought the spoon close to Rohit's lips. Rohit, who was too distracted by Anirud's craziness, didn't realize when the spoon got placed in front of his lips and he gulped it.

Anirud smiled at him. Looking at him, Rohit realized what he had done. He looked down in shyness.

Anirud placed another spoon in front of Rohit's lips, which he took without any sarcastic remark.

A lady entered in Arjun's room, sat beside them, smiled, and caressed their head. Leaning towards them, she planted a kiss on their head.

As Arjun was a light sleeper, his sleep broke, and he looked at the woman who passed a sweet smile to him. "Arjun Rawte ji uth gaye!" she commented in a sweet tone.

Arjun looked at her, and a smile formed on his lips. "Sakshi!" he called her out.

"Obviously, mein, kisi ke itni himmat ke wo Arjun Rawte ke Barabar mein baith jaye aur uske baby ko touch kare. Na bhai... Na," Arjun rolled his eyes at her nautanki.

"Tum na mere baby se dur hi rahna... mere masoom se baby ko apne tarah na banale na," she smirked. "Ohh, just wait and watch," Arjun looked at her with raised eyebrows. After a few minutes, they both burst into laughter.

Hearing someone laughing, Manik whined in his sleep, "Meanie! Don't disturb baby warna baba se complain karunga," Manik said in a baby tone, making both Sakshi and Arjun smile at his innocence.

Arjun leaned down, "Acha... Aur baba kya karen gen?" Arjun asked, "My baba, supel helo, not allowed to disturb his baby sleep," he said in gibberish. Arjun pulled him closer to his heart.

He looked at Sakshi, who was adoring them. He opened his other arm for her, she smiled and placed her head on his chest.

Arjun leaned on the headrest, smiling heart to heart as his world and heart are finally complete.

"Itna acha bhi nahi tha, Anirudh," Rohit said after finishing two plates of fried rice. Anirud scoffed, "Tabhi kisi ne do plate khaein." Rohit kept a hand on his heart, "How could you, Anirudh? Apko sharam nahi aye bache ke plate ginte hue," Rohit said dramatically.

Anirudh shook his head and wiped his face. Rohit looked at him and pushed him, getting down from the slab, "You don't have to be so caring toward me, Anirudh. After all, we are not family," he commented casually and left, but he didn't know his words pinched Anirudh's heart.

Anirudh laughed sarcastically, "Yeah right... We can never be".

Sakshi caressed Manik's face; she never thought she would again get a chance to see this face or caress it. She closed her eyes, reliving every moment of it. She leaned toward him and kissed his nose.

"Itna bara hogaya mere babu... aur handsome bhi bilkul apne bhai ke tarah," she caressed his head.

Tears dropped from her eyes, which fell on Manik's face, stirring him in his sleep. Sakshi immediately wiped her tears, "Duniya hai tu mere!".

"Aur mein?" She looked at Arjun, who came out of the washroom. "App? Hmm, let me think... ap na kuch bhi nahi hain," she teased him.

"Yeh kya Sakshi ji, beta agaya toh hone wale pati ko bhul gayi," Arjun complained. "Kyu nahi, mere beta hai hih itna khas. Apko koi problem hai?" She glared at him, and Arjun raised his hands in surrender.

"Aryy humare itni majal ke humein sarkar se problem ho," Arjun said, referring to Manik.

Sakshi chuckled, "Honi bhi nahi chahiye, malik se bhi kisi ko masla hota hai!"

Arjun lay beside Manik, "Our son!"

Sakshi smiled, "Our baby!".

Anirud caressed the frame of his baby brother. He closed his eyes. The flashes of his past are still clear like it was an yesterday incident not 11 years old.

He still remembers the time when he held the dead body of his baby brother in his arms. 11 years! It's been 11 years but still nothing has changed. The pain is still raw. And today his meeting with Rohit invokes the emotions.

Rohit looked at the sky, he gulped, controlling his tears. He stoned his heart a long time back. It's been 8 years since he hadn't cried, neither will he allow himself to. He fisted his hand. 13 years ago he lost everything.

He hugged his knees to his chest. He wanted to scream, cry, complain about his pain. But the only problem is no one is here to listen.

He clutch his heart, he still remember how after his parents death his relatives deny from recognizing him. He still remember how they kick him out of the house. He still remember the night where he have to ran on the roads, he still remember how he ended up in a basement filled with darkness.

From 10 years, from last 10 years he stone his heart against all the emotions but now it's becoming a burden.

Rohit get up, he can't afford to break at any cost, he have to control his panic. Getting out of his room he make his way to the backyard.

He stopped hearing someone cursing, he looked here and there but can't find anyone due to darkness in the living room.

He switch on the light and shocked to see a certain person jumping holding his feet.

The person got startled as the light suddenly opened, he looked here and there and found a kitten like boy in the centre, "Tum!" He glared at him to which rohit did same.

~~~

Hope you like the update.

Guess the person whom rohit encounter with?

Did you like sakshi-Arjun scene? Want more?

What do you think about anirud past?

How manik will react after knowing sakshi is his bhabhi?

How arjun will react on knowing MM is manik?

Next episode will have manik sakshi moment.

Take care🤍.