Change (N/A)

Remote's been having quite a bit of trouble recently.

Death prevention was absolutely a noble goal to fight for; the more emotional side of justifying it was sensible enough, and the logic and reason behind it all was sound. After all, the ultimate end goal for anybody and everybody is to make sure that they live well and have no worries or bothers whatsoever; people may word it differently, depending on their way of living and feelings towards others, but all explanations of one's ultimate purpose can be summarized to that general statement. A statement which is fulfilled in two crucial part: physical wellbeing, not having to worry whatsoever about death, decay, deterioration, or destruction by outside forces; and psychological well-being, a state of mind that is more than capable of enjoying that aforementioned physical wellbeing, one that can live a good, fulfilling life with the time that they're given.

And how do you maintain these two? You do it through a complete and total understanding of the world around you; by knowing every single way things that can go wrong, and the ways in which that can occur, you can learn to avoid them and have things work out in the end. Just a minor snag with that solution, though: extend that line of thinking to its logical conclusion and you'll find that everything, *everything*, in the universe is out to get you. And the seemingly simple goal of living a happy life ends up requiring you to remake the entire world in your image, recreating everything so that it is solely devoted to sustaining you and your happiness. And even *then* there's still the slightest chance that things can go wrong. So, given that they're limited living objects with *very* limited capabilities, you trim the fat and excess, focus solely on the stuff you can actually do in a lifetime. You figure out the most immediate threats to your existence, what courses of action are just *so* incredibly dumb that it'll end your life in seconds, and try avoiding those first and foremost. That can also be divided into two vital components: understanding the natural world, the ground in which you stand on; and understanding the people around you, how they think and act, especially regarding you.

That last one in particular is the most important one: living beings are unpredictable and fickle, and in an instant they can end your life if they just feel like it. Therefore, it's probably in your best interest to befriend them at best, and just be cautious at worst. Due to that aforementioned nature, it's basically impossible for anyone to be friendly with everyone; it's an inevitability that something someone does will be taken the wrong way and everything will become a disaster. But before it gets to that, they'll try to defuse the situation whenever possible.

Except not. Conflict is what appears to drive things in these lands; not only does it pop up over and over again, they also seem to *seek* it. Instead of trying to cool things down, they just make it burn brighter. Is that not contradictory? Is that not illogical? Assuming that everyone operates the same way, towards self-preservation, inevitably they'd figure out that the sensible way of dealing with things is to just go with the flow. But they don't do it. They put themselves, their ego, above all else. Things that ultimately mean nothing at the end of the day. What gives?

And it was then and there, deep in the middle of that train of thought, when Golf Ball abducted her.

A particularly strong magnet was already more than capable of completely disabling Remote's ability to fight back or protest, but it was quickly followed up by a hard blow to the head; you *really* gotta make sure, after all. The mechanical mind would be completely helpless as she fell flat onto the floor, was seized by unknown hands, and was forcibly dragged through the plains to... wherever these strangers had in mind. As the minutes ticked by, that 'injury' of hers was proving to be a real nasty one; despite determined diagnostics, she couldn't figure out wherever the most fatal errors might be, let alone how to fix them. They messed her up *good*. They knew where her weak spots were. Whoever had decided to take her, they knew a thing or two about how things worked. She'd try and draft up a list of suspects in her head, perhaps as part of some sort of distress signal, but it was simply too much to bear. The last thing she'd 'sense' was being roughly dragged down a flight of stairs before she finally shut down.