I woke up holding a kangaroo, it turned out to be a rabbit

-  " AAAAHHHHHH! "

Hi. Welcome again, let me introduce myself properly, I'm Jack, and for the last 5 days ever since I woke up in an alleyway clutching a giant rabbit teddy that looked more like a very ugly kangaroo, I've been running away from these monstrous dog-faced creatures. It seems that only I can see them, which must be embarrassing for me as I've been running and screaming for days. What the hell is going on?

I keep running until I see a park where I can lose them.

- "I'll try to lose sight of them in the trees. " - I think, hurrying across the street.

As I approached Central Park I began to feel my brain racing at 1000. Once inside, I went into the trees, dodging people and animals, I decided to go further away until I reached a deeper part of the woods, after dodging and weaving, when I looked back at the sight of those things I smiled victoriously, but my smile disappeared as quickly as it appeared when I saw a boy with black hair and a... Sword! I tried to brake as fast as I could, but my fastest move was to throw myself backwards and fall on my ass.

- "No, no, no..." I shout instantly as soon as I see him running towards me, sword ready to strike. - "I'm too young to die... I think!" - I shout, covering my face with my arms.

I felt a gentle wind blowing past me, and when I opened my eyes and looked back, the boy was fighting those creatures and had killed two in an instant. I was petrified that he could kill such monsters, which I barely survived.

- "What are you doing on the floor? Are you okay?" - The boy asks after finishing off all the monsters.

- " My God!!! Thank you so much. You don't know what I've been going through the last few days! What the hell were those things?"

- "Telkhines." - says the boy as if it were common knowledge.

- "What?"

- "Telkhines. Sea demons with the heads of dogs, they're a pain in the ass." - He says the same thing as if he usually encounters these things. - "I see you're new to our world, don't worry, you'll get used to it."

- "Will you get used to it? You mean there'll be more?" - I ask indignantly, I haven't spent days running around, only to be rescued and told that I can find these creatures again.

- "If we stay here, yes." - says the boy, putting away his sword. - "Nico Di Angelo." - He introduces himself and looks at me, as if he's waiting for something. - "You?"

- "Ah! Yeah... I'm Jack... I think?!" - I say quickly.

He raises an eyebrow, as if to say "Really?", I understand him, if anyone had any doubt who they were, I'd look like that too...or I think I would...You see, it's not possible!

- "Well, I woke up a few days ago in an alley and all I remember is my name. Then those things started hunting me, I kept running away and now I've found you. But I have to admit it's a relief to finally have someone who can see these things like me, some days people look at me strangely, they must have thought I was crazy."