We fight very ugly beasts

The rest of the night was a blur, I stayed in the infirmary once again, just in case, and saw the infirmary overflowing for the first time. Will and his siblings were going back and forth tending to the wounded, Nico was helping out as Will had to have two surgeries due to an amputated limb and a leg broken in several places, both of them looking very ugly. Since I wasn't that bad off, I decided to help, just to keep my mind off the prophecy. Nico explained what to do and I helped with disinfecting and bandaging minor wounds, so that Apollo's children could take care of the more serious ones. The next morning Chiron called for me, we went to a room in the big house, more or less close to where the infirmary was, there I met Jason, Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Travis and Connor, Clarisse, among other counselors in charge of their respective cabins, and Rachel. Will and Nico came after me.

- "Thank you for joining us, Will, Nico, I know the infirmary must be in chaos." - says Chiron, as they both sit down.

- "Everything's under control, for now." - says Will, he looks tired, which is normal after having spent the whole night healing campers.

- "Jack, I called you here, because..." - Chiron begins, but I finish for him.

- "Because of the prophecy, right?" - I say, finishing what Chiron was getting at.

- "Yes. As I'm sure you've already been told, once the prophecy is proclaimed, the hero to whom it is addressed will have to go on a mission, and he must take companions with him." - says Chiron.

- "I see, so I can choose who I want?" - I ask.

- "Yes, in a way." - Chiron says, giving me a small smile.

I looked around the room, but I already knew who was going to ask to accompany me.

- "Jason, Nico, Will, can you come with me?" - I ask, looking at the three demigods.

- "Jack, only three people can go on a mission, any more is bad luck. Three is a sacred number." - says Chiron quickly.

- "But I need all three. You heard the prophecy." - I said, looking at the centaur, who was in a wheelchair in the house.

- "He's right." - says Annabeth. - "One of the verses says 'Between thunder, light and shadow', I think that's the clearest part of the prophecy."

- "And not only that." - says Jason with his head down. - "I know where we have to go."

- "Jason. You don't mean..." - Piper says, looking at her boyfriend concerned.

- "Unfortunately, yes." - he says, now looking at his girlfriend.

- "What's going on, Jason? What do you know?" - I ask.

- "Right from the first verse, I think I know who it refers to."

- "To whom? Don't you want to say where?" - I ask again.

- "We've got to go to ... Boreas and ...."

- "Don't you dare even say that wretch's name." - says Piper, furious at remembering something.

- "I see. "Where wind and ice go hand in hand", Boreas and his daughter." - says Nico looking at Jason.

- "To tell you the truth, I thought for a moment that we had to go to Alaska." - says Will, letting out a gentle laugh, but he quickly flushes.

- "I wish!" - says Jason with a small laugh.

Many didn't notice, but Nico gently touched his boyfriend's hand to reassure him that his idea wasn't a stupid thought. Just to take it back quickly, also embarrassed.