An unexpected ally

- "Baldur? Like the Norse God?" - I ask

- "That's right. I didn't think you'd know who I was." - replied the God with a friendly, bright smile on his face. He had a thick but friendly voice and transmitted confidence. No wonder he is the God of light and purity.

- "Just a little. But aren't you supposed to be dead?" - I ask when I remember the legend surrounding the man at all.

- "Ha ha, don't believe everything you hear, little demigods. Not all stories are exactly as they're told." - adds Baldur with a laugh.

- "If you're a god, why did you help us? Gods don't usually help demigods! And if they do, it's because they want something." - says Nico, glaring at Baldur. - "What do you want from us?"

- "Nico's right! Why did you help us?" - says Jason, also staring at the god.

- "And how did you know we were in danger?" - Will asks.

I understood why they were suspicious, after all I'm the only one who knows more about Nordic mythology, and I'm still not sure why, but I think I'm finally discovering why.

- "Heimdall told me about your situation and I quickly came to help. After all, we're friends, Jack, so I decided to step in and help you and your companions." - answers the God to the questions asked earlier.

- "Are we friends? Then you can tell me who I am!" - I add with a glimmer of hope on my face. I'm finally going to know the truth.

- "I know... but unfortunately Odin has forbidden us to give you any information about who you are." - says Baldur with a sad smile. And all the hope I had is replaced by disappointment.

- "Wait, Jack, that answers a lot. If you're related to the gods and monsters of Nordic mythology, it only confirms the suspicion we had that you were from there." - says Will, giving me a smile.

- "And the one who took your memories must have been Odin, after all, why would he put that rule in place if he wasn't involved?" - says Jason thoughtfully.

- "Baldur. Where can I get my answers?" - I ask, as I feel I'm so close to finally finding out why.

- "Unfortunately, I don't know, Jack." - says Baldur, lowering his head. - "But..."

- "Yes?" - I ask hopefully.

- "Maybe. And just maybe." - he says in a warning tone. - "Heimdall can help you. I can take you to him."

- "Can you? That would be incredible." - I say, looking at the god.

- "I don't think that's a good idea Jack." - says Nico.

- "I know... but what if it's quick, I just want to know why I was punished! Or... how I can get my memories back. It's all so confusing, I need answers!" - I say, trying to persuade my companions. I think you could hear the desperation in my voice.

The three of them pondered for a while, Nico was still suspicious, you could see it on his face. Jason and Will accepted because I was begging them to, while Nico looked like a mother contemplating whether or not to buy what her son was asking for.

- "Okay. But once we have the answers, we are out." - says Nico and then turns to Baldur and looks at him suspiciously again.

- "I'm glad we all agree. All I have to do is call our transport and we'll be ready to rock." - says the god with an even bigger smile than before.

- "Transportation?" - I ask, a little curious.

Baldur didn't answer me, he just put two fingers close to his lips and whistled twice loudly.