Chapter 7

Guess whoo 😉

anywho tw; smoking weed, thats ab it

not proof read btw, lmk if u see anything odd lol

~

Summer was over in a flash and her father was urging her to pick a school, he said he'd support her no matter where she went.

Akemi sighed, looking up at the building in front of her. She looked down at her phone, she still had an hour before the exam started. She turned her phone off and looked around her before walking away. She wandered into a small alley, making sure there was no one around before crouching beside a dumpster.

The smell was horrid but where else was she supposed to do it? Out in the open where everyone could see her? Hell no. She pulled her bag off her back and unzipped it, digging down to the bottom until she found what she was looking for.

She had the sense to roll it at home, no way was she doing that in an alley. She'll do lots of stuff but she draws the line at rolling a joint on the ground in an alley.

That was disgusting.

She looked around one more time before pulling the trigger on her lighter, cupping her hand behind it to keep the wind from putting it out. It didn't take long before it lit, the smoke billowing out of her mouth and nose.

It had been a while since she last smoked, admittedly it was probably a bad idea for her to be doing this before her exam but the quirk suppressors had lasting effects. She couldn't use her quirk if she was too tense or emotional and the weed made all of that go away.

It took her all of 20 minutes before it was gone, her body buzzing pleasantly, she stood up and tossed the remains into the dumpster, checking her phone again, 30 minutes left. She might as well get a head start. She walked out of the alley as casual as can be, her bag back on her back and made her way back to the school.

The walk was 10 minutes altogether which meant by the time she got back she'd still have 20 minutes to get settled. She ignored the other kids around her and instead focused on keeping her mind and body relaxed.

The school looked the same as it did the last time she had been there, except this time she wasn't going to the nurse's office or one of the teacher's meeting rooms. The auditorium was huge, but there weren't too many people there yet. She had already been to the tables outside to grab her paper, the place where her previous school was supposed to be was left empty. She guessed they couldn't transfer anything due to it being in America.

The paper said nothing about where she was supposed to sit, just giving basic information and what "arena" she was in. It didn't make much sense but she brushed it off and sat in the seat closest to her.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that more and more kids began coming in, their voices grating against Akemi's ears. It was just the tiniest bit annoying. Within seconds the auditorium was filled and though she could tell some were trying to be quiet, the vast majority were too excited to calm down. While Akemi could understand the excitement, they had only done the interviews and written test, they were not guaranteed to get in.

Now you may ask, why didn't Akemi's father recommend Akemi to the school? She never told him. She didn't want to get his hopes up just for her to not get in.

Akemi sighed and crossed her arms over her chest, slouching further down into her seat and letting her eyes fall closed. Surely she had a few minutes left.

"Welcome to today's live performance!" Akemi shot up, blinking her eyes fast. When did he even get there? She tentatively looked around, noticing some of the people around her giving her weird looks. She ignored them and pressed her back into her seat.