bonus

There were times where Akemi couldn't stand the silence that came with her sisters grave. She'd go late at night, when no one would bother them, and she'd pray to die and be buried with her mother and sister.

She used to be religious. Back before the reality of everything hit her. Mr. Cowell would have her attend each and every service, with himself as the priest of course. He would have her stand just behind him. She was never allowed to sit, her back had to stay straight, her hands couldn't go anywhere than behind her back, her eyes stayed forward, the smile could never leave her face.

She sometimes wondered if it was a doll he wanted, not a child. She had brought it up once, offhandedly, why she had to stay so still. He said he preferred her that way, that if he could he would kill her and have her taxidermied. She wanted to comment on the fact that taxidermy was only for pets and she was not a pet.

He had stated later that he had just been joking with her. His hand was low on her back, drawing small shapes that she wished she couldn't feel. I wouldn't kill you, Akemi. Your reactions are much too satisfying. I prefer you alive. He had laughed after, like he had made the funniest joke in the world and Alemi laughed with him, her nervous giggles seemed to please him.

She was 9 then.

She remembered how sick she felt when he finally allowed her to go back to her room, she didn't know why, she just wanted them gone. They crawled under her skin, burrowing deep inside her bones, making their home there. It didn't matter how deep her nails went, they were always there.

She puked five times that night, her stomach was in knots for the rest of the week. She doesn't think she ever remembered how to fully relax after that, how to actually breathe.

When the punishments actually started, she'd never remember. Once she turned 8 it was difficult to tell what was a punishment and what was just for his own entertainment.

Was it was always a punishment? From God, maybe?

Katsumi used to tell her that everything that happened was because of him, everything good and bad in her life was his doing. That it was all apart of his grand plan.

She wondered if Katsumi still felt the same now as she did then.

She'd never know what Katsumi thought about it now. She was gone and she was never coming back.

She wanted to dig through the dirt until she reached the coffin and lay with her sister until the lack of oxygen killed her. Until her body decayed and they were both long forgotten by the world. Until no one could take Katsumi away from her again.

Mr. Cowell would never be able to get her there, not with her big sister there to protect her.

Unfortunately Katsumi would never have the peace that came with death and Akemi would never have her big sister back.

~

lmao chat when i tell u im so excited for hosu and the training camp arc😈 i got some devious plans for this story.