chapter 12

Guys I forgot I have band camp. I quite literally want to off myself but like in a family friendly way cuz I hate band camp so much like i cld go on a rant ab it but i won't bc i have better things to do i js want to say that i hate it.

this is kinda yucky but like 😴yk

Tw's: Chisaki and his shenanigans 😓 suicide talk

~

Akemi kept the palm of her hand firmly pressed against her eyes, fighting off the migraine pushing against her head.

The school had given everyone the rest of the week off and while Akemi was already healed from her injuries thanks to Recovery Girl and Himari, she was still forced to stay in bed.

She appreciated the concern, she really did, but she felt fine. Sure her body was sore as hell and there were bandages everywhere but she was fine.

Kei had taken it upon himself to bring her every meal and sat in her room talking her ear off for the first two days, but Akemi was quickly becoming agitated. It was easy to ignore at first but the longer he was there, the more she could feel herself beginning to fall apart.

He was too similar to her, she realized. Before she screwed her life up and got herself sent away.

Kei was sitting on the edge of her bed, flipping through the different movies on the TV. He was talking about something that Akemi couldn't bring herself to pay attention to.

She sighed and looked back up, "Hey Kei? You think you can grab me a water?" He perked up and nodded his head determinedly.

Akemi watched as he jumped off the bed and ran out, waiting only a couple seconds before she threw the blanket off of her. She grabbed some shoes and a jacket and pulled her window open, slowly climbing out before shutting it again, leaving only a small crack.

Kei couldn't reach the sink and the water bottles in the fridge were too high up for him to grab so she knew he'd take a little longer than usual.

She slid down to the edge of her roof, tossing her stuff down to the ground before jumping down herself. The impact made her bones shake and suddenly she realized that maybe she wasn't as healed as she thought she was.

She let out a curse and groaned, wrapping her arms firmly around her waist as she tried to catch her breath.

"Akemi?" Kei whined, his voice small as he looked out the window. She ignored his calls and pulled her shoes on, throwing her jacket on as she ran to the fence and pushed it open.

She had done a lot of thinking in the two days she had been stuck in bed and finally came to the conclusion that her life sucked. Big time.

Mr. Cowell always told her that she wouldn't become successful in life, and there was a time when she let him trick her into believing that.

This was that time.

Being a hero had never been part of her plan for the future, to be quite honest she never had a plan. She thought she'd die in that school, but then her father decided she had learned her lesson and brought her back and she was lost.

She made a left turn out of the neighborhood, making her way to the train station.

She didn't want to say that she didn't know what she was doing but there wasn't any other way she could put it. She only chose this hero stuff to see what was so appealing about it. Why had Katsumi chosen it after spending the first 9 years of her life hell-bent on not becoming one?

It had only been a week and Akemi didn't get it and she didn't think she ever would.

The train sped past her, the wind pushing her hair back.