Chapter 10

I lovelovelove making my characters op, to a point ofc

Tws: picking at skin

~

That night Akemi decided to eat at the table, per Kei's request. It was quiet at first, neither of the adults was quite used to her eating with them.

It was only 10 minutes later that her father spoke up, "I saw your training footage from today." He cleared his throat, looking up at her through his lashes.

"You're allowed to do that?"

"Me and Nezu have been friends for a very long time, it wasn't difficult to convince him." Akemi didn't quite know how to feel about it, her father only knew the bare minimum about her quirk, only knew what he had seen before he sent her away.

"And? What did you think?"

Her father hesitated to answer, taking a quick bite to stall, "You could use some work on your teamwork. And just overall work on your quirk, use it on small things around the house, build your tolerance."

Akemi was only half surprised that he had actually given her useful advice, he always had taken all this hero stuff seriously but he never wanted either her or Katsumi to go on the same path that he had. He used to steer them away from it, telling them they would be better as detectives or something else along those lines.

Something obviously changed while she was gone.

"Other than that, you did great." Akemi hummed, this was the longest conversation she's had with her father since the hospital and while it was only a few days, it felt like much longer.

"That girl, Ashido. She was the one who used to come over, right?"

Akemi had given up on eating at this point, her stomach beginning to twist, "Yea-"

"Are you guys still friends?"

Akemi closed her mouth, they weren't, were they? Ashido stopped responding to her letters only a year after Akemi left. That meant they weren't friends.

"No."

"Good, I never liked that girl." Akemi absentmindedly brought her hand to her wrist, her nails scratching and pulling at the delicate skin. "Mhm, neither did I." The table went quiet, the only sound being the sound of the food moving and Kei fussing over how it was all touching.

"I'm full." She pushed herself away from the table, dropping her napkin beside her plate, ignoring the way her father eyed her plate, still full of food, as she walked away.

It was only 8 pm by that time so maybe she could get some work done. She was adamant about not wearing Katsumi's costume, however, looking at her unfinished drawings she wasn't quite sure if that would be possible.

The rest of the night went on as normal, she worked, showered, worked some more, smoked the rest of her stash, and passed out for an hour before waking up at 6 to start her day.

She'd survive off an hour of sleep. 100%.

Akemi was sorely mistaken, in fact, seeing all of these reporters made her realize that she definitely should have slept more. They surrounded her, asking questions about All Might, how he was as a teacher, what it was like having him teach her, anything and everything they could think of.

"Wait!" The reporter, a short lady with blonde hair and green eyes, leaned in close to her, her legs straining to stay up on her tiptoes, "You're Black Knights daughter! The one he sent away!" Akemi tensed, her hand's fists in her pockets, the one day she didn't have her headphones and the press ambushed her.