Ten

Alice had decided to befriend Bella despite the obvious objections from her family. So at lunch, Bella sat down with their family. Liam and his mates were obviously upset about it but didn't voice their complaints. 

Bella stared at Edward for most of the time, not even trying to hide it. Edward finally looked towards her with a glare. She didn't turn away though. Instead, she leaned on her hand and sighed. Her eyes looked like they were filled with hearts.

"So, Bella! How about you come over for dinner tonight? We would love to have you!" Alice asked, her face full of light, as always. Bella broke out of her daze and turned towards Alice. 

"That would be wonderful," She said and turned towards Edward again. Liam sighed in annoyance. Jasper took notice and grabbed his hands before pulling him into his lap. 

Liam giggled and rested his head onto Jasper's. 

"Just ignore them, darlin'. Focus on me," Jasper said. He leaned up and pulled Liam in for a kiss. Emmett and Edward stared at the two as they continued to make out, jealous that they couldn't do anything about it. 

Rosalie scoffed and stood up before dumping her tray full of food into the garbage. She left the cafeteria with a loud bang. Jasper and Liam stopped for a second before Jasper pulled him back towards him. Liam rested his hands on Jasper's shoulders while Jasper had his arms around Liam's waist. 

Finally, the bell rang and the Cullen family stood up, along with Bella. Bella tried to grab onto Edward's arm to get his attention but he quickly shrugged it off. 

"Edward! Could you walk me to class?" Bella called. 

Edward glanced back at Bella, then to Liam and back to Bella. He honestly didn't want to walk with Bella. He didn't even want to be within a mile of her but the look on Liam's face told him he was going to have to. 

"Just walk her to her class, honey. Maybe she'll stop bothering me if you listen to her" Liam whispered. With his vampire hearing, Edward heard what he had said but he wanted to act like he didn't. Finally, he nodded his head and turned to Bella with a fake smile plastered on his face.

Bella's face lit up in joy as she grabbed Edward's hand and dragged him out of the cafeteria. 

"I'll walk you to class, baby bear," Emmett said and grabbed onto Liam's hand. Jasper quickly smacked it away before he grabbed onto Liam's hand instead. 

"I think I've got it" Jasper led Liam out of the cafeteria, leaving Alice and Emmett behind. Emmett turned to Alice with a frown on his face. 

"What's wrong with everyone today?" He asked. Alice shrugged and skipped away to her next class.

-------------

Bella was coming over for dinner. Liam wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. Could Alice not see how much she hated him? Most of the family stood in the kitchen, working on different parts of the meal. 

Jasper had gone out with Edward to hunt. He didn't want to hurt Bella (right now). The small TV was playing in the background as Liam sat and watched everyone work. Alice had gone to pick up Bella from her house. Alice had explained to the family that she would finally tell Bella what they were much to Rosalie's disappointment.

"Liam, would you like anything else? I don't know if you like carbonara," Esme asked as she chopped up the eggs. 

"I'll make you something, baby" Carlisle said. 

Liam shook his head. "It's okay. I'll try it" Carlisle glanced at him but continued cutting up the food for dinner. There was the sound of tires and the car engine.