Twelve

The Cullen family immediately rushed home after the three vampires left. James seemed to be after Liam more than anything but Bella refused to stay home. 

As Edward quickly got Liam into the jeep, Bella climbed into the backseat. Edward was shaking as he tried to buckle Liam in. 

"Eddie, I got it," Liam said as he grabbed Edward's hands. "Calm down. It'll be okay."

Edward squeezed Liam's hand and kissed his forehead before rushing to the driver's side. 

"Um, everything will not be okay! I'm too young to die!" Bella shouted from the backseat. 

Edward ignored her and took off. 

"Um, hello?" Bella called. "Is he going to turn me into a vampire?"

"Listen, James' obsession is hunting. I read his mind. My reaction on the field set him off," Edward said. His voice was harsh towards Bella. "And why does it matter if you become a vampire? Is that all you care about?"

Bella didn't say anything for the rest of the drive. If Edward had blood running through him, his knuckles would be turning white from the grip on the steering wheel. 

Liam grabbed his hand and softly ran his fingers over Edward's knuckles. Edward's grip loosened but he still had a glare on his face. 

"Where are we going?" Bella asked, leaning up on the console. 

"Away from Forks." Edward replied. 

"We can't! My dad is still home," Bella exclaimed. 

"He'll be fine. We'll check on him afterwards,"

"No! I want you to take me home, now!" Bella shouted. 

Liam stayed quiet in the passenger seat, still holding Edward's hand. Obviously Bella didn't care about her life, wanting to stay in Forks as long as possible. Liam could tell she wanted James to catch up with them. She wanted to become a vampire and Edward knew this but he couldn't keep his mate in danger. 

Bella eventually made Edward drive to her house so she could pack a bag. She caused a huge scene in front of Charlie and stomped her way upstairs. 

Edward glanced around occasionally, his arm wrapped around Liam's waist for protection. 

"Do you want to grab anything from your house, baby?" Edward asked. 

"No, most of my stuff is at your house anyway."

After a few minutes, Bella stormed out of the house and into her truck. Bella took off down the road after starting the truck. Edward grabbed onto Liam and sped off behind Bella's truck before jumping onto it and opening the driver's side door. He pushed Liam into the car before taking over the wheel. 

"The tracker's following us," Edward muttered after a few minutes of silence. Nobody said anything as a loud bang was heard at the back of the truck. Bella and Liam jumped in shock.

"Don't worry, it's just Emmett," Edward said. "Alice is in the car behind us."

Liam glanced back at Emmett, who was riding on the tailgate of the truck. His face was full of worry when he met Liam's eyes. 

Edward pulled the truck into their driveway. He opened the door, about to grab Liam out before he was pushed out of the way. Emmett came into view and pulled Liam into his arms. 

Liam laughed and wrapped his arms around Emmett. Despite the danger he was in, it was nice to see Emmett was still trying to be himself. Emmett carried Liam into the house behind Edward and Bella. 

Both Edward and Emmett hissed when Carlisle walked out with Laurent. 

"Wait." Carlisle said and held his hand up. "He came to warn us about James."

"This isn't my fight," Laurent started. "And, I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anyone like him in my 300 years. And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her." With that, Laurent walked out of the house. 

Liam stayed in Emmett's arms as they all met up in the garage. His mates all surrounded him, worried about his safety. 

"I've had to fight our kind before. They're not easy to kill." Jasper said. 

"But not impossible," Emmett returned. "We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces."

Carlisle sighed as he grabbed money from the cabinet. "I don't relish the thought of killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James."

Liam stared at the cabinet full of stacks of cash. Who knew they had this much money? And in an open place. 

Rosalie pulled herself onto the counter. "What if he kills one of us first?" She asked. 

"I'm going to run Li and Bella South," Edward said. "Can you lead the tracker away from here?"

"No Edward. James knows you would never leave Liam." Carlisle said. "Liam isn't safe with any of us."

"I'll drive them south." Alice stepped in. "I'll keep them safe. Rosalie and I can drive them."

Alice grabbed Liam and pulled him into her as she opened the car door. 

"Why do I have to go with the humans?" Rosalie asked. 

"Rose, Liam is a part of this family and Bella is Alice's friend. Please, just keep them safe. Especially, Liam." Carlisle pleaded. 

Rosalie's eyes softened as she saw the look of desperation in Carlisle's eyes. Why was she mean to Liam this whole time? She could see the love that Carlisle had in his eyes for him. Along with Edward, Emmett, and Jasper. He was a part of this family and she hadn't been very accepting of him at all.

Edward smiled at Rosalie's thoughts. He was glad that she finally accepted him as family. 

Meanwhile, Liam was freaking out. He was supposed to be away from his mates for who knows how long. He couldn't remember the last time he was away from them for more than two hours.

Liam fidgeted with the car seat belt as he worriedly glanced at everyone's frantic movements around the garage. 

"Can you stop moving? You're giving me a headache." Bella snapped.

"Sorry." Liam whispered and stopped his fidgeting. Liam was stuck in the back seat with Bella for the entire drive. If you couldn't tell, Liam's day was going great. 

Emmett came around to the car window and leaned in. 

"Everything is going to be okay, baby bear." He whispered and put his hand on Liam's face before tilting it upwards and placing a kiss on his lips. "I love you, okay?"

"I love you too," Liam said. 

Edward and Carlisle came around next and each gave a kiss to Liam, too. They muttered an 'I love you' before getting into the separate cars.

Jasper walked over to Liam's window and pulled him in for a kiss. Jasper could tell Liam was nervous and scared. It hurt to feel what his mate was feeling. Jasper's thumb rubbed the side of his face as he slowly pulled away from the kiss. "I love you so much, darlin'. I'll see you soon, okay?" Jasper placed another kiss on Liam's lips before he climbed into the car with Esme.

---------------

We're about to get to the juicy part. I'm excited to write it. Also, I added stuff to the author's note on chapter ten after I published it so if you didn't see it, I'll repeat it for you so you don't have to go back -

I'm looking for suggestions for a new face claim for Liam. I just don't really think Conan suits him (no offense to Conan - I still love him) but I can't find any one that really suits Liam. I can't remember if I put any specific details about Liam's looks but if I did, I'll change them for whoever the new face claim is. Please comment any suggestions that you have! 

I can't do young Leonardo DiCaprio though - He's already a face claim for my other book.

(Not edited)