Beginning Deceptions [S3/EP1]

Jump City, Sunday 11:45 pm

Just as the city lights began to dim, citizen curfews drew to a close. For the most part, this left a lonely street to sleep in peace, however, a group of three thugs decided to take in on the emptiness and stealthily rush towards a closed bakery. The place had a large garage door sealing the store from outside influence. Though with its simple padlock as its only defence, the thugs snapped the rusty lock off and lifted the garage door; revealing the tidy bakery inside.

With no alarm system to alert they dashed inside the front door and started rampaging through anything valuable, just as a leading thug commanded, "Grab all the cash from the registers and safe--" He then slapped a cupcake off of a comrade's hand, "but don't eat nothing! Mrs M's is my great-aunty!"

A voice perked outside the bakery's window as they gathered valuables in bags. "So you'll rob the piggy bank, but won't touch the cookie jar?" Spider-girl reveals herself, hanging upside down from a streetlight, "Wow, you must qualify for ''nephew of the year''" She spun a finger beside her head, "-twisted division."

"Spider-girl?!" The lead thief shouts surprised at first, until he points, "Get her!"

None of the two comrades hesitated when it came to following commands. One drops their money bag to approach Spidey first, sprinting outside to swing a crowbar in her direction. Easily, she avoids every strike with the turn of her head. "Spider-girl, get her? Seriously?" Spider-girl eventually drops to solid ground to throw strong hits, a camera flash occasionally showing up amidst the fight, "Is that the best you can do? I mean I go through all this trouble to make decent quips." Swinging around the street light to kick both dizzy thugs onto the ground in sync, she adds, "The least you could do is make things interesting, I always do."

Shooting a web inside the bakery, Spidey slings three blueberry pies in her direction. The first hits the lead thug's face from the inside, while the two others are swung out into the air. She leaps up to kick the two pies into both thug's faces on the ground. Landing on top of the street light to witness her marvellous art piece, the lead thug swipes the pie off his face and ditches out into the open street carrying the last bag of valuables.

Completely unphased by the panicked thug running away Spidey shoots a web on the thug's two feet and slings him over with one hand. She used the other hand to web the two comrades on the ground and raise them to the top of the streetlight. To add the cherry on top, she swings the lead thug around the streetlight to tie the two up like a bouquet. Leaving the lead thug tied upside-down along with the others at the very end.

 One last flash from a distant camera and Spider-girl's job was done. Crawling up to the top of a nearby building as police cars started showing up, she took the camera hanging by webs while recalling her checklist to herself, "Stop the crime? Check. Took pictures of my web-slinging self to keep the Daily Bugle happy?" She snaps a quick selfie with the view of the scene below, "Check, check." After using a passing train to swing onto, Spidey continues, "High-tail it home for a good night's sleep, check, check, check." 

Sitting on the train, she gazes at the moon, "Yep, the red and blue still works the charm." Spider-girl pauses to yawn, "For once I'm making all the right moves, all the smart choices..."

_________________________________________

Teen Titans Tower, Monday 12:02 am

Standing in the lounge looking over the Towers' computer status, Robin occasionally glanced at a separate screen that showed Spider-girl's whereabouts. He keenly acted like he wasn't checking, even though the entire open lounge was empty; with all the other Titans having gone to bed by now. However, tiredness was catching up to Robin too. At some point, he started zoning out after making a subtle yawn.