12. 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰

I DECIDED TO ATTEND ONE OF THE DEATH ROLL CALL MEETINGS

I DECIDED TO ATTEND ONE OF THE DEATH ROLL CALL MEETINGS. I didn't know what the were called but I liked making fun of them, they were silly anyways. Wally and I walked in together and he offered me the seat nexts to him.

"Nice to see everyone here!" Mr M exclaims. "So, how is the afterlife treating you y/n? We haven't really seen you at any meetings and want to know if you have anything to say about your death," he says. I have a gut feeling that I could not trust this guy. There's something off about him. Wally reaches out and puts his hand on my thigh and rubs it.

"I'm doing great. Thanks to Wally, anyways. He's helped me out tremendously. I feel more alive now than I have, ever." Mr M shoots me a slightly grin, "that's great to hear."

I send Wally a glare. "I'll be back, I need to use the restroom," I say as I get up and walk out. Wally follows after me. "What's wrong?" Wally asks.

"How much do we really know about Mr. M?" I question. "Like yes, we know his story but he seems odd, does he not? He's been here almost longer than anyone else and hasn't passed over. And he's helped none of you pass over either. Isn't that what those meetings are about?" Wally stood there puzzled.

"He said he helped Janet pass over but nobody else was there," he says. "I mean, you helped Dawn pass over the other day and we all felt it."

"Exactly what I mean Wally. There's something else going on," I claim. "We need to find out more about him."

"There's stuff in the basement that we could check out," he whispers. We run to get a Charley and Rhonda to help look for signs.

We started going through some of the old boxes and one was on the shelf but there was no dust on it. "That's suspicious,"Wally whispers as he opens the box. It was filled with a bunch of our items that disappeared when they had died. "These are OUR items," Charley says.

"What are we doing in here?" Mr. M says as he barges through the door.

"What the fuck is this?" Wally yells and holds out the box. "You have kept us here?" Rhonda questions.

He looks me dead in the eyes, I knew he was suspicious. My theory was right and it was in the process of being proven.

"It's all because of her," he said as he pointed at me. "Everything has shifted since she got here," he says shifting the blame towards me.

"I have been with Wally the whole time I've been here, guys. He's trying to blame me for his actions. Wally please tell them I'm not the problem," I say, tears steaming down my face.

"She has been with me every second and that's the truth. This isn't on y/n. She has been telling me this whole time that Mr. M was fishy. He's been here how long and none of us have crossed over even excluding him," he says. "He claimed Janet passed over but that's not the truth, is it?" He questions.

"I don't know how I died and you have something to do with this," I say pointing to Mr. M. His silence spoke volumes.

"Tell me what the fuck you did to me!" I yelled.

"You don't remember how you died because you aren't dead. Janet's soul is in your living body," he says. I cant help but let out a sob. Wally comes closer and puts his hand on my back.

"You are the reason I'm here? But why?" I ask.

"Janet was my life-long best friend. She died in the fire I created because I wanted us to be for eternity. I had been in love with her my whole life and she turned me down for a guy that treated her terribly. I thought I was saving her but instead, I only made it worse. For decades she wouldn't speak to me. I proposed and idea that sparked her interest in me again. I owed her a life and that's what I gave her since I had so selfishly taken it away," Mr. M says.

"So, my body is alive? I'm alive," I cry. "You genuinely thought it was okay to take away her life to make Janet's better? Is that what you fucking wanted?" Wally yelled.

"I can change this-," he says and I interrupt, "then fucking do it!" I yell.

"It's not that easy. Are you sure that's what you really want? What about Wally? What about your friends here?" Mr. M questions.

"Fuck you," I scream. I rush out of the room. My head was pounding and I felt like I was going to burn alive. My lungs were empty and there was a pain in my chest. I sobbed in and out so hard that my breathing stopped. I was having a panic attack. Wally rushes right behind me. "Y/n, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay, I promise. Just inhale, 1...2...3... breathe with me," he replies. I repeat the steps and my breathing settles again.

"Thank you," I choke. "Wally, I'm alive. I cant...I cant believe this," I cry. He stands there, puzzled. "This is a good thing, why are you upset?" I ask.

"If you find a way back to your living body, you won't be able to see me, us. What about us?" He asks.

"Wally I don't know. I—I want to get married and...and have kids someday. I want to be able to attend college and prosper into a career. Or buy a house and a brand new car," I ramble.

"So, this thing between us, we meant nothing?" He asks, tears jerked at his eyes. He couldn't hold them in.

"No wally that's not what—" I say as he interrupts. "But that IS what you're saying," he sobs.

He was breaking down. Falling to piece on the floor right in front of me and I hadn't even gone. I try and wrap my arms around him but he pushes them away. "Just, leave me alone," he sobs. He rushes up the stairs and into his room.

'What do I do now?' I question myself.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Authors note:
This story does not really follow the show or some of the events in it, I decided to put my own twist to the series.