Chapter 9: Saka's Legacy

{Saka's POV}
Dad told me and Amani to take Koda and Asha and go play somewhere while they talked. Uzuri followed us and we went to Timon and Pumbaa's waterfall. We had to walk a bit slower than normal, because Asha couldn't walk fast with the cuts on her paws. We walked to the top of the waterfall and jumped off into the lake below. Uzuri was scared and Koda pushed her off. She crashed into the water and came out saying she was dizzy. I yelled at Koda and told Amani to push him which she happily obliged. Koda fell face first into the water and came out wobbling around and acting dizzy in a dramatic way, though he was actually dizzy. After Amani and Asha jumped in, the other cubs that live at the Pridelands came and Asha growled at them. Koda looked away from them and refused to talk to them.
"C'mon guys!" Dogo tried again "Let's go play! We won't play by a ravine again, we promise!"
Asha roared "That doesn't matter, what matters is what you did Dogo! What all of you did to Leah!"
"Look," Akila tried "We're sorry about that, right Dogo?"
"Uh- right!"
"We didn't understand why she kept coming to us, because she knew we would've never let her play with us," Asante added "But-"
"But nothing!" Asha snapped back "You three treated our sister like crap. You can't just turn around, halfheartedly apologize and give us excuses!"
"Nice job Asante you dingus," Akila turned to Asante "You got Asha madder."
"Look Ash', Leah tried to butt into our games." Dogo said "Like it or not, she had no place here."
"She had no place here?!" Asha yelled "My uncle has scars all over his body, my other uncle and my father have the Mark of Evil running down their eye, but you draw the line at the 'three-legged wonder'."
"She's our sister," Koda said, after staying silent the entire time "Like it or not, she ALWAYS had a place here. And if you can't accept that, then you can leave."
"But, Koda-"
"LEAVE!" Koda roared
"You heard him," Amani growled "Now."
"Look at you, Princess!" Dogo mocked "Acting all high and mighty. You have no place here. The only place you belong in is the Tree of Life, so why don't you run along back there and mind your own business."
"Hey!" I snapped "You do not talk to my sister like that!"
"Or what?" Asante asked
"What are you going to do, Prince?" Dogo mocked
"This." I unsheathed my claws and slashed across Dogo's face, throwing him to the ground. I left claw marks on his cheek that started bleeding. A drop of blood dripped into the water and Dogo looked on with terror in his eyes. Akila yelled at the others to run and I chased after them. I was seething in rage, unable to think. Amani and Asha chased after me, Koda and Uzuri ran behind them. Akila, Asante and Dogo ran as fast as they could and stopped at the entrance to the Outlands. We caught up to them and I pounced on Dogo, causing us both to crash into the Outlands where a vulture was flying by. The vulture flew off in the direction of the volcano, and I kept growling at Dogo. He thrashed and screamed, desperately trying to get out but he couldn't. He managed to cut my paw, which made me roar in pain and let him go. He ran away and I ran after them. The others came in and ran behind us. He ran to a small pond before I tackled him again. Dogo went right back to screaming and thrashing which again did nothing for him. I started yelling at him, I don't remember what I said but it was enough to make him cry. While I was yelling, the water started to ripple and move. A crocodile came out with 2 crocodiles next to him and began to chuckle.
"Well well well," The first crocodile said "Look at this boys. A meal, dropped off at our little pond."
The others licked whatever crocodiles had for lips, and smiles menacingly.
"So boss," the crocodile to the right of the first one said "Which one shall we get first?"
The first crocodile looked at me, stared me in my eyes that sent chills down my spine and terror to fill every inch of my body. He stared for a good while then he widened his eyes and laughed "The top one. Something about him is familiar to me."
"Yeah," The left one remarked "He looks like that little whelp that always foiled our plans before Scar was defeated again."
"Get 'em boys."
The 2 crocodiles walked closer to us, followed by more and more crocodiles that came out of the water. Dogo and I were filled with terror and we started running away from them, the others followed. Asha fell behind and yelped. We turned around to see that one of them grabbed her tail and were dragging her closer to them. Me, Koda, Uzuri, and Amani ran back while Dogo, Asante and Akila ran away like cowards. I jumped and head butted the crocodile holding her tail, causing him to let go. Uzuri and Amani helped Asha get out and they ran away to the Rock. Me and Koda were left, growling at the crocodiles. They slowly started walking towards us, and all me and Koda could do was unsheathed our claws and growl which did little to help us. Suddenly, I felt the winds behind me pick up speed and blew through my mane. I felt a power wash over me. A glow came from my left shoulder, and I felt my pupils constrict. I felt my body move on its own, baring my jaw and roaring. It wasn't a normal roar, the clouds shifted into roaring lions, and the winds were so strong that they blew the crocodiles back. Koda's eyes were wide and his jaw dropped. The world felt like it was rumbling and I couldn't hear anything but the roar that I always hear when Dad goes into Chika Escarpment. When I opened my eyes, all I saw was the land. There was no sign of the crocodiles, it looked like they weren't even there. I looked on my shoulder, there was a glowing symbol of the Mark of the Night Pride that quickly faded. I looked to Koda whose eyes were wide and his mouth agape like I had just summoned the heavens. I turned around and saw Amani, Asha, and Uzuri looking at me with the same expression that Koda has. They didn't make it far before I had apparently roared. They told me what happened, what they saw. I was shocked, I finally got Dad's great roar. I looked up and smiled, this must have been what that lion at Chika Escarpment meant.
{Kion's POV}
We were discussing the possible explanation for the smoke coming from the volcano when in the distance, we heard a roar.
Kiara looked towards where the sound came from and asked "What was that?"
"It sounded like a roar," Kovu responded "It sounds like your roar Kion."
"Who did that?" Dad asked
"Maybe Saka or Koda," Kopa said "Grandfather said we should expect them to get that power."
"Are we sure it's not Vitani?" I asked. I was starting to get worried. To spontaneously gain the Roar of the Elders, they would need to be put in a position of great danger or emotion.
"No," Dad said "She's still in the cave over there."
"The cubs!" I yelled. I started running to find them. Kiara, Kovu, Kopa, and Dad ran after me. The roar came from the Outlands and I ran as fast as I could towards it. When I came to the border, Mzingo was waiting for me. I asked him if he saw the cubs and he said he saw Saka chasing another cub with the others behind him. He showed me where they went and I started running as fast as I could. I found Amani, Uzuri, and Asha staring at Koda and specifically Saka. Saka was staring into the sky and Koda looked like he saw the heavens descending in front of his eyes. Amani told me what had happened and I was shocked, and so was everyone else.
"Saka," I turned to him "Is what Amani said true?"
Saka looked at his paws "Yeah...it is. I'm sorry."
"You attacked Dogo?" Kovu asked "Why did you attack Dogo?"
"He was being a jerk!" Saka yelled immediately "He made us all angry, he was badmouthing Leah and mocked Amani and me! I couldn't control myself."
"Next time," Kopa told him "Don't start attacking, just walk away. You didn't need to attack Dogo and lead everyone to the Outlands."
"I understand, Uncle Kopa."
"But," I added "I'm proud of you, son. I'm proud you tried to defend your sister. We'll go home, there are some things I need to tell you now."