45.

Angel
December 22nd
Location: Baltimore

Today is our last day at my mom's house, the plan is to go stay at Flau'jae's mom house for the next three days, then we go back to school. I don't think that's gone happen so i'm prepared to either come back here or find another city to go to.

Since we told my mom that we date my mom has been great, she lowkey treating her like a daughter already which was unexpected. I'm starting to think she might favor her a little more than me, I can't tell you how many times i've heard "Angel, i'm not talking to you i'm talking to Flau'jae"

I'm happy that they get along so well. It's cute cause Flau was so nervous around her at first, even though she may never admit it, I know she was. She just trying to be respectful and I get it, I admire her efforts but it was hilarious to watch.

She can be talking to my mom and then stare at me cause she needs me to answer for her. She lightened up a little bit cause my mom called her out on it, letting her know that whatever she has going on with her mom will not come in between them and that she doesn't have to be so formal around her.

All of us are in the kitchen making breakfast when my mom asked about our Christmas plans.

"Y'all staying for Christmas right?" My mom asked

"Mom, I told you we were going to spend a couple days here then spend the rest of our break with Flau's family."

"We still have to tell them the same news, we told you" I said

"Oh y'all haven't told anyone else?" She asked giggling, she just geeked she was the first parent to find out.

"Nah but my mama know i'm in a relationship" Flau spoke

"But she doesn't know with who?" My mom asked

Flau shook her head before my mom said "Good luck"

"We gone need it" I mumbled

JuJu was the only one that heard me so of course he started laughing

"When y'all leaving?" JuJu asked

I just looked over at Flau cause if it's up to me I wouldn't be leaving.

"Today actually, but its a late flight so we still got the whole day here" She said

"Well why y'all just now saying something!" My mom said

"Yew sure we just can't get an early flight tomorrow?" I asked Flau

She didn't answer my question instead responding to my mom

"Whatever you feel like doing today, we can do it"

"Y'all wanna stay in or go out?" My mom asked

So nobody heard my question, okay. They decided that they wanted to go out into to town, to do what I don't know. I stopped listening.

We all went our separate ways to go get ready but Flau got her stuff and came in my room to get ready with me.

"We really have to leave tonight?" I asked her

"You don't want to go see my family?" She replied

I just sighed cause I can feel where this about to go.

"I didn't say that but we can't just leave in the morning tomorrow?"

"What difference does a couple hours make?"

"Okay Flau'jae" I said before continuing to put my hair up.

We stayed quiet until she came over to me and wrapping her arms around me, watching me in the mirror.