48.

Flau'jae
June 14th Game vs Auburn
Location: Auburn, Alabama

"Ladies, I know this was a tough 5-point loss cause we were so close, we had them but then we started slacking on defense" Coach Mulkey started

We just lost to Auburn after 16 straight wins in a game we definitely should have won. I didn't get as many minutes cause I was in foul trouble but i'm overall just not happy about the loss and my performance.

"We have one more on the road before we're back home and don't forget that game is for Family day so we have a lot of extras stuff to do" She finished

I'm already not happy but the reminder that we have family day just irritated me to the max.

That game is in one week on Sunday and we get back on Friday. I don't even want to be apart of whatever it is we gotta do.

I made eye contact with Barbie and she gave me an empathetic smile with a nod.

I knew it was her way of letting me know everything was going to be okay.

Ever since, I let her in with how I was feeling, I been okay, not bad, not good, just okay. I have days when i'm high like it doesn't faze me and days when i'm low where I just want to curl up into a ball.

She's knows just how much my relationship with my family means to me so to know that she's being patient with me is everything.

It's hard having to lose a bond with my mom considering I placed the ball in her court, it's on her to make a move.

This shit could be temporary or it could be forever, it's not up to me.

We got finished in the locker room and started walking out to the bus when we started talking to Mani and Nees.

"Who y'all invite for family day?" Mani asked

"Probably nobody" Nees said which made me nod my head in agreement.

"My mom is coming" Barbie said looking at me

I just gave her a soft smile cause in my mama absence she been there for me. She does little check ins out the blue to let me know she thinking about me. I don't even think she do that for Barbie and she's her actual daughter.

Matter of fact I know she don't cause when Barbie be asking me who calling she be sucking her teeth and rolling her eyes when I say it's her mom.

"That's cute, but i'm not even concerned enough about family day to invite people" Nees said.

"We need to be worried about this next game not family day" I added.

"4 hush you know your family always show up for you, I don't even know why I asked" Mani spoke

I just looked at her and was about to say something but Barbie came and wrapped her arm around mine as we walked.

My attention diverted from Mani, more so shocked from Barbie's display of affection in public.

We still haven't told the team we dating so I don't mind her doing it in front Mani and Nees but literally everyone is walking to the bus.

They probably not even paying us no mind but we haven't even discussed whether or not we gone tell anybody else since my mama did whatever you want to call it.

I just looked at her and smiled, appreciating the gesture.

"Get a room" Nees mumbled under her breath.

"We bout to" I responded laughing

"People gone catch on soon if y'all somehow keep ending up as roommates" Mani said