IX

"We have no reason to keep him here."

~+~

Yeontan is what woke Taehyung up the next day, the small pomeranian nudging Taehyung's hand to pet him. Taehyung smiled at his dog's cute antics, attempting to go back to sleep until he realized something. His eyes shot open as he sat up in bed.

He was back in his apartment, his dog carelessly sat on his lap. Taehyung practically started crying in relief. He wrapped his arms around Yeontan and showered the dog in affection. The relief he felt was guttural after having convinced himself that his dog wouldn't have made it without him.

Once his heart rate calmed down he headed to the kitchen to feed Yeontan. He had some frozen chicken he could cook and give to his furbaby. Upon getting up he felt an uncomfortable pang in his ass, assuring him that his time with the men was in fact real.

Taehyung wasn't a messy person by any means... but why was his house clean all of the sudden? Yeontan's kibble has also decreased. Was someone cleaning and dog-sitting when Taehyung was gone? He checked his front door to find that the lock had very subtle scratches on it indicating that it had been picked.

Taehyung shuddered at the thought of people entering his home. But considering the alternative of Yeontan being alone for so long Taehyung was oddly grateful. 

Taehyung's phone was on the counter, suspiciously charged, and he checked it to find odd messages from his boss. Initially, it was a string of frustrated messages, wondering why Taehyung had left his shift mid-closing only to not show up for a week. It was the most recent message that confused Taehyung.

From: Bossy Wossy
Sorry for my sudden outburst, stress of managing the cafe, and all, I hope you understand. Your position will still be available for you, please come to work at your next available shift, and let's forget about any of this.
Sent 5 Days Ago

Out of all the time Taehyung has worked for that boss, the man has never once apologized. It was all very strange. Trying to look on the bright side, Taehyung was relieved to still have a job.

Right now it seemed like the best thing for Taehyung to do was to resume life as normal. Which for today meant walking Yeontan, going to class, and finally work. He could handle that.

After putting on Yeontan's leash, he exited the apartment only to run into the family across the hall. "Taehyung, my boy, where have you been?" Ms. Choi, the wife, smiled before putting the box she was carrying down and outstretching her arms to hug Taehyung.

"It's so good to see you," Taehyung smiled, hugging the woman. He let Yeontan on a slack leash so that the couple's children could pet the dog. He took a moment to look at what the family was doing. Their apartment door was wide open and everything was packed up. "What are you all up to?" he asked hesitantly.

Ms. Choi's face lit up. "My husband just got a big promotion and bonus at work! We finally have enough saved to move into a home with a backyard for our children. It was perfect timing too as our dream house just became available!"

"That's wonderful!" and suspiciously convenient. "I'm so happy for you, but I definitely will miss you as neighbors."

"Aish, I'm sure your new neighbors will love you and Yeontan."

Taehyung smiled before bidding her farewell, just happy he was here to see them leave. They were a nice family. After taking Yeontan on his walk Taehyung returned home and gathered everything he needed for university class. Thankfully he has a relatively light course load compared to his peers so he didn't miss too much.