Chapter 13: Chromium Assassin

"Sir, we have backup creations in case this one gets destroyed. Wouldn't it be a good test run to see if its upgrades need more work? It could benefit our studies to see how much more improvement we'll need on Cyborg C72.0X," A female scientist who stood near the robotic parts in a separate lab, questioned Solar who tapped his foot impatiently.

"We can't afford to lose expensive and advanced technology as that, in another world. Then again, I did plan to send Cyborg C71.9X to the Dino Thunder world, to take down the other Cyborg known as Zeltrax. It seems to be the one my men struggle with the most since it can't be paralyzed. However, if my men use a stun grenade it could provide us with an advantage," Ace paced back and forth with his hands supporting the back of his head. "We should be able to stun it since it electrifies a person's brain and nerves temporarily," He continued this for quite some time and tuned out the metallic sounds of machinery around him, that was until his twisted grin tugged on his lips.

"Now there's an idea!" With a single clap, he laughed and looked at the startled woman. "Let's send the older model with a stun grenade in its hands and let it drag Dr. Ray back to us! If we can get her in my hands first, I can return to that world again and tranquilize Mesogog with enough fluid that is strong enough to knock out an elephant!" He didn't spend much time in the room after he made his decision, for he walked through an automated glass door and strode past a large machine behind a sealed-tight door that was made to keep even the best infiltrators out.

Up some stairs and to an elevator, he stepped through when the doors opened. There inside he waited for it to shut and with quick fingers, he pressed F1 to go to the main floor. It didn't take long for it to speed through the large clear shaft. His dark eyes watched the ground fly past for several minutes, and when the sun beamed upon his face, he knew he was at surface level.

The second the doors opened, he turned on his loafers and trekked the main lobby in search of the older model Cyborg he mentioned. "C71.9X!' Through a strong voice, he called out and stood there for another couple of minutes. His feet tapped impatiently the longer he was made to wait but when he saw the said Cyborg approach, he nodded to it with an authoritative glare. "Next time-- I expect you to run when I call you! Now..." He began with a close of his eyes and cleared his throat. "I am going to send you to fetch Amelia Ray. Take a Stun Grenade and take out the dinosaur man's Cyborg who goes by the name Zeltrax-- if you run into it. Do not come back until you have it! Here... Take this too," he paused a moment. "Thankfully I had a few extras made for situations like this," From his pocket, he took out another portal device and gave it to the Cyborg, which it took without question.

There was no emotion on its face, no mouth, only its ice-cold and uncaring blue eyes that were illuminating through the small bit of shadows. When it gave him a nod, stoically it turned, sprinted with incredible speed, and leaped up onto a platform to cut some time in half; the escalators would have taken too long.

Ace was able to hear the smooth, metallic movement during its effortless sprint, for it moved with ninja speed past other employees. It almost became a blur of chromium silver if it had run any faster and out of sight.

"Good. At least it still takes commands without malfunctions. If it doesn't return in twenty-four hours, then I know it's been destroyed and my efforts were for naught," Back to the elevator he went, as he thought about the annoying redhead and the persistent dinosaur that kept getting in his way.