Chapter 25: Reigniting the Flame!

"That's it!" The fury in Solar's voice boomed throughout the same white room Amelia was once in. The thuds of feet moved about to let the temperamental scientist through so that he could leave. Through the halls, the taps of boots behind him were enough to say that his soldiers followed, but he didn't care. "A.O.D. is nearly complete! I can send it after Amelia and take out the others once it's done! I am sick and tired of those fools getting in my way!" Everyone hurried out of his way or kept their heads low as he passed, which relieved him since he didn't want to deal with any more crap than what he had already. Any amount of disapproving expressions or negative looks would more than likely throw him over the edge and make him kill someone.

After he entered the robotics room, where all the Cyborg frames were being constructed, memories of the chaos that came with Mesogog's ambush gnawed at the forefront of his mind.

"How did he do it? There was no possible way for him to come here-- unless..." With a finger to his chin, slow recognition lit up his otherwise dark eyes after he remembered that Amelia didn't have the portal device on her. He never grabbed her lab coat, in fact, he hardly spent any time looking around to see if she planned anything before he arrived. "It knew I was going to snatch it. It left its portal device behind and more than likely left some instructions or visual guidance for him to use!" Through gritted teeth and a clench of his fingers, his eyes began to examine the robotics lab.

Quickly to A.O.D., he climbed the platform and continued to mess with the AI and mechanic synchronization. "I should've predicted this outcome. But now... Without a doubt, A.O.D. will accomplish what the other Cyborgs and I have failed to do! Project A will annihilate Mesogog and anyone who stands in its way of capturing Amelia!" It's as if he had it all planned out, his deft fingers worked the cords and pulled up a tiny computer the size of his hand to type on holographic keys.

~~~~

Whirring came from the Throne Room as Mesogog saw the goth buzz at the chains that were around one of Amelia's wrists. The mask she wore was meant to keep the sparks from hitting her face and burning her.

Red claws gripped the cuff on her other wrist, the beast used all the strength he had to try and rip it off but it was useless. "These will not break! No amount of strength will pry these off! I commend him for using such powerful metals and technology, however..." Trailing off, the beast paused a moment to lift her wrist and give the cuff a closer inspection. "He failed to realize that I am capable of melting such metals," With that, he rushed out of the room. The robotics room should have what he needed to melt the cuffs and knew the efforts Elsa was putting in was going to be a waste once he got the item.

Moments later when he returned, the item in his hand was a device that he knew would be capable of exerting immense heat. It was what he used to melt two metals together and help create the armor Zeltrax had on. The thought of the Cyborg hardly crossed his mind since he'd been missing, for he was focusing more on Amelia lately than anyone else.

A button was pressed to ignite a flame so hot, that it glowed a bright blue, and soon enough he began to melt the cuff. It was pretty quick for it to burn through, but he was swift enough to turn it off to not scorch her wrist. From there, he worked on her other wrist, pushed Elsa out of the way, and made her turn off the saw she tried to use to buzz through the metal.