Chapter 4 (East Blue Saga)

Now that the biggest threat to everyone's lives was on his way out, the Krieg pirates began their assault on the Baratie. After Usopp yelled some words of encouragement to Luffy. He, Zoro and the two pirate hunters sped off after Nami and the stolen Merry. Ki and Luffy hung back to help the chefs protect the Baratie.

Luffy swung his body up to lean on the outer edge of the railing, "Hey Pops, can I stop doing chores if I get those pirates out of here?"

Ki chuckled as the head chef grunted to the boy, "Suit yourself."

Ki kept her eyes on Krieg as Zeff questioned Luffy about being 'King of the Pirates.' Zeff boasted, "I've seen a lot of pirates in my day but you're the first to state your desires so clearly and without a doubt."

Luffy mentioned that Zeff used to be a pretty well known pirate himself. She remembered him as Red Leg Zeff from the stories, he was a pretty fearsome pirate in his heyday.

"Luffy! Looks like they're getting ready to make their move!" Ki tore him from the side of the boat and plopped him next to her.

Sanji hollered for the chefs to open up the fins to keep the pirates from getting inside the restaurant. "Gotta keep those pirates out or the old man will throw a fit." Ki laughed as the blond and old man squabbled.

Luffy gripped a pair of polls to sling himself over to the group of pirates, easily taking down a handful with a single 'Gum Gum giant scythe.'

Sanji was stunned by Luffy's manner of fighting, wondering if the Grand line was full of more guys like him.

Zeff pointed to the rubber boy and spoke sternly to Sanji, "Pay special attention to how this one fights. Don't take your eyes off him for a moment until this fight is over. Is that clear?"

Ki rested her hands on her hips and nodded, "The Grand line is full of all kinds of characters, but my brother is one of a kind."

Sanji swooned, "Ah such a lovely big sister rooting for her brother! Will you be my little cheerleader too?!"

Ki's clenched fist and ripped Sanji forward, "Keep your eyes on the fight cook!" She held back the urge to send him to the moon for the cheerleader comment but she let it go, for now.

Luffy called down from his perch, "So let me get this straight, you're attacking the restaurant that gave you food? I've got no choice but to beat some manners into you!"

Don Kreig chuckled at Luffy's resolve, "So you wanna fight on the water where there's no place to stand huh? A bold move for someone like you! The devil fruit has taken your ability to swim. Hasn't it, chore boy."

Luffy laughed, "Yeah but now I'm stretchy!"

The boat creaked and shifted as the 'fins' pushed their way to the surface. Sanji stepped out onto the platform, "My cooks and I will never give up defending this place, so prepare to die."

Ki's boots clicked on the damp wood as she stepped out onto the platform next to Sanji. The blonde grit the cigarette between his teeth, "M'lady you should stay back. This could get ugly."

Ki shrugged and reached behind her to slip her throwing knives out the pouches strapped around her waist. She gripped the small knives, three in each hand between her fingers. She gave him a sassy look as she shifted her weight to one side, "You can either deal with it pretty boy or I can lay you out myself. I grew up in a household full of boys. I play rough."

Sanji stared, appalled at this woman's answer, his mouth agape. Ki caught his cigarette as it fell. She pinched the end between her thumb and forefinger, took a drag and blew it out as she poked it back in his mouth, "Keep it together blondie. Who do you think taught Straw Hat how to fight?"