Chapter 18 (Journey to Grandline)

The next morning, Ki sat up in bed and sighed as Nami plopped onto the mattress. The navigator gave her a coy smile, "So I do believe you owe me some details, missy."

Ki rolled her eyes and popped her neck with a grumble, "So what do you wanna know, Red?"

Nami squealed and began rattling off questions, "How old is he? What's he like? What does he do? What's he look like?"

Ki raised a finger with each answer, "We're the same age so he's 20, I'm a couple months younger though. He's adventurous, sweet, kind but hard headed. He's a pirate as well. And he looks-"

There was a knock at the door and the cook's voice rang behind it, "Good morning, ladies! Breakfast is served!"

The ginger haired woman sighed but pointed two fingers at Ki, "We're finishing this conversation later. I don't know about you but I'm starving."

Ki nodded, hopped out of bed and quickly threw on a tank top and a pair of black shorts. She tugged on some socks and her boots next; didn't want to get caught in some crazy situation barefoot.

Sanji served breakfast with a sweet smile, "There's my girls! Did you sleep well, my lovelies?" Nami grinned and nodded as she took her seat while Ki sidestepped him to pour some coffee. The cook frowned, "I could've gotten you some coffee, Ki. No need for you to-"

Ki took a long sip and patted his shoulder as she passed him to sit down, "Took me two seconds, Blondie, no biggie. You made this whole spread. I can pour my own coffee."

Luffy laughed and swung his arm around the table to pat Ki's back, "Ki is a big grumpy pants until she gets her coffee! She doesn't like to wait around for it! Haha!"

Zoro chuckled, "Oh, is that all?"

Ki gave the swordsman a sour look over her cup but the cook barked at him, "Hey! No one asked you, Mosshead! She's just perfect!"

Usopp grumbled, "It was actually peaceful before you girls came out here, ya know."

Nami growled, "You think this is our fault?"

Ki laughed, "Sorry, man, guess we're the life of the party," She nodded to the navigator, "So what's on the agenda for today, Red?"

Nami quickly finished her food and began explaining exactly what they were about to be dealing with. Sanji cleared everyone's plates and rinsed them off in the sink before rejoining the table. Usopp stood and began manning the rudder while the rest of the crew's eyes were on the ginger haired woman.

The navigator slapped the map onto the table with a furrowed brow, "Take a look. I'm familiar with the rumors and these drawings confirm it. As unimaginable as it may seem, the entrance to the Grandline is a mountain."

Luffy spoke with his cup between his teeth, "A mountain?"

Zoro raised a sarcastic eyebrow, "So what, do we crash into it?"

Sanji let out an exasperated sigh, "You've got to be kidding."

Ki's eyes flicked from the navigator to the struggling sniper with a questioning look. He was straining with the rudder but the conversation continued without anyone else noticing.

Nami nodded, "I didn't believe it but the map's clear. The mountain appears to be riddled with small canals so we might have to go up and over it."

Ki coughed on her coffee, "You want us to do what now? Just up and over a MOUNTAIN? Nami what the hell?"

Luffy bounced as he grinned, "Ohhh! Sounds like fun!"

Zoro frowned, "What are you talking about? Even if there are canals or whatever, a ship can't climb up a mountain."