𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟗

"Satoru – LET ME DOWN!" you warned, your voice raised as you turned your head to look at him. He was still on his way to wherever he wanted to go with your body draped on his shoulder, your feet in a tight grip of his to stop you from squirming.

"Or what?" he teased, his arm now wrapped around your waist to secure you even further.

Your furious pleading got louder, the longer your hands beat his back but you still stayed put right on the spot he held you. "Or... I–," you stuttered, but let out a frustrated grunt instead of continuing, "Ugh, just shut up. We have more important stuff to do right now!"

He set you down on your feet with a gentle motion, and you straightened your clothes, pulling down the skirt you wore.

"How about," his index finger touched your nose lightly, "We do you first?"

A long sigh left your lips and you blinked slowly, meeting his gaze looking down at you. "Stop it, you know we can't do this." you said with your voice lower and more serious than before. You made your way around his form to get to your room to finally take a shower and enjoy the rest of the day you had left.

"Was it Sukuna?" Gojo's voice cut you off in the middle of your step, "The scratch?"

"Why?" you responded while turning around again.

"He told you he wanted your body, right?" he asked, his voice tinged with a hint of concern as he narrowed his eyes at you.

"Yeah, he did."

Your eyes set on his irritated face, you pondered if you should tell him what Yuji explained to you – but decided against it. It would cause even more trouble than you just solving this problem by yourself.

You didn't want to involve Gojo in this issue, since he was already kind enough to help you find your cursed object. His mind was now occupied enough with getting you to accompany him on the visit at the Kyoto school.

"Why does he want especially you?" he pressed further, already assuming the answer to that question. He knew that your cursed energy was strong – he could sense it. That was why he too, was fascinated by you in the first place.

This – and that you mostly didn't care that he claimed the title of the 'strongest sorcerer of this era' and just straight up told him off if you wanted to.

With you, it reminded him of his days with his best friend.

With you, it was as if he was treated as a human again.

With you, there was a possibility that he didn't have to be alone anymore again.

That he could have someone by his side that was just as strong as him.

"I don't know." you muttered, in hopes of covering up your blatant lie, "If you do, then please enlighten me, oh mighty Satoru Gojo."

He had to chuckle before he responded nonchalantly, "I have a guess. But until that's settled, we're going to get Kento on that much needed vacation and you on board the next mission."

"Great," you nodded curtly, your hands shoved into your jacket's pockets, "Tell me when you want to buy the tickets."

"Not even a small goodbye-kiss?" he playfully whined with his lips pursed.

"Do your job first, sugar daddy." you turned around, giving him one last wink as you continued your walk through the soft lit hallways.

Though this was just how he acted normally towards you, something seemed off – he definitely had more than just a 'guess' on why Sukuna wanted your body.