Recklessness.

I stayed by his side throughout it all, he was unconscious for days and I cried the whole time

I stayed by his side throughout it all, he was unconscious for days and I cried the whole time. Took a test, and broke down in my bathroom wondering how I would have a whole baby with no Johnny. If the worst happened, our child would never ever remember his face. Thinking about the fact he was with someone when he got hurt, and feeling hurt by it, but, I just couldn't leave him alone like that. The girl who was with him was hurt too, broke her arm and came to see if he woke up once, but then stopped when she saw me balling in the booth next to him.

"Oh... sorry, I ain't realise his family was here already, are you his sister?"
"Nah... I'm not, ...you was with him, when it happened?" She looked down at her arm, bound up and I could see she was walking like she was in pain. Scratches and bruises on her face, and I wanted to tear that ass up, but felt bad for her.
"Are you,... Shae?" That's when I was hurt, for real. I "wasn't his girl", but I was, and even she knew that shit.

"Yeah..., so, ugh, Johnny told you about me? Sit down..." she did, uncomfortable and distantly close to the door.
"He did, yeah... we weren't serious, just having fun ...Then, it went bad"
"What's ya name?"
"Ugh, Meliyah"
"Okay... Yeah!? Well... maybe, you're bad luck!.. I don't really give a fuck, and just so you do know, I wasn't officially his girl..., but, he made sure you knew who I was, so, you know what's really good!!"
"Girl, so what!? He said you was playing keep away with him... y'all wasn't fucking...so, don't be mad he a grown ass man, who knows what he really wants! You're basically a kid! Like, be for real about shit little girl!"

so, don't be mad he a grown ass man, who knows what he really wants! You're basically a kid! Like, be for real about shit little girl!"

"I'm HIS girl, old lady! I'm 20, and grown as fuck! Ain't fucking who!? I'm pregnant with his kid!.... And, you a side bitch!! Both you niggas too old to be playing with me and these fuckin bikes! Now, look at you... hella busted, damn girl, yo shit tore the fuck up! A whole damn chop! HD lace ain't finna fix you, and Jay is, look...look at him!!! But, if I ever catch your old decrepit ass around, Ima buss ya shit wide, feel me?! You heard, grandma?!" She nodded as I was trying my best not jump up and get active like I would back in the hood.

"I don't want any problems!...I didn't know you're, pregnant...I'm sorry, okay? I just wanted to make sure he was, okay...um, I'm gonna go..."
"He's alive, luckily ... and, so are you... You should go. before I change that" I didn't realise, his mama was stood in the doorway looking at her child and listening to me, going the fuck off at the lady that ran past her, to her room. I stuck my head out, into the hallway, and shouted;
"You lucky I ain't chase you and choke ya ass! Get the fuck on!!" I was wilding, and I knew it when I turned around and saw a woman crying.