Chapter 4: Scarlett Refuses to Take Dimitri's Blood

Dimitri led me deeper into the mansion, stopping at a large wooden door adorned with intricate carvings. He pushed it open to reveal a dimly lit room filled with ancient artifacts and mystical symbols etched into the walls. A large table in the center held various vials, herbs, and a blood-red crystal that seemed to pulsate with an eerie light.

"This is the heart of our magic," Dimitri explained, his voice reverent. "Blood magic is the most potent and dangerous form, and it's tied to the prophecy."

My eyes widened as I took in the scene. "Blood magic?"

He nodded, picking up the crystal. "It's powerful, and it runs in your veins too. With the right training, you could wield it as well."

I took a step back, my heart racing. "What do you mean?"

Dimitri set the crystal down and approached me, his gaze intense. "You need to drink my blood. It will awaken the magic within you."

I recoiled, a wave of revulsion washing over me. "No. That's disgusting. The idea of taking your blood repulses me."

A flicker of hurt crossed Dimitri's face, but he masked it quickly. "It's the only way to protect yourself. To protect us all."

I shook my head, my voice rising in panic. "I don't want any part of this. I just want to go home."

I turned and ran from the room, my footsteps echoing through the mansion. Tears blurred my vision as I made my way to my bedroom, slamming the door behind me and locking it. I sank to the floor, my body trembling with fear and anger.

Dimitri was not far behind. He banged on the door, his voice filled with frustration. "Scarlett, open the door! We need to talk about this."

"Leave me alone!" I shouted, my voice breaking. "I don't want to see you."

His voice growled, desperation creeping in. "Scarlett, please. You don't understand the danger you're in."

I covered my ears, tears streaming down my face. "I don't care! I hate you!"

There was a moment of silence before Dimitri spoke again, his tone icy. "If you don't open this door, I'll break it down."

My heart pounded in my chest. I didn't doubt that he would do it. "Just go away!" I cried.

"Please, just leave me alone."

Dimitri's sigh was audible through the door. "Fine. But this isn't over, Scarlett. We will talk about this."

I heard his footsteps retreating, the silence that followed almost deafening. I curled up on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. I missed my best friend, Lily, and the simple life I had known before all of this. The thought of never seeing my family and friends again was unbearable.

As the night wore on, I remained in my room, my thoughts a chaotic swirl of fear, anger, and confusion. I didn't know what to believe or who to trust. All I knew was that my life had taken a turn I was completely unprepared for.

***

The next morning, I awoke to a soft knock on my door. My eyes were puffy from crying, and I felt a dull ache in my chest. "Scarlett, it's me," Dimitri's voice. "I brought you breakfast."I didn't respond, remaining silent as I lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling. After a few moments, I heard the clink of a tray being set down outside my door.

"Open the door." Dimitri said coldly.

My throat tightened, but I didn't move. Did not speak. I listened as his footsteps faded away, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

He'd passed a tray underneath the door. A plate of toast, eggs, and fruit, along with a cup of tea. I would refuse to eat, just to spite him. I was not going to play into the hands of a vampire. Who also happens to be my captor. I pushed the tray aside in frustration, then as the tea spilled and the fruit tumbled, I noticed something folded inside of the tray.

A note.