Chapter 13: The Beast Unleashed

The garden was a haven of tranquility, a stark contrast to the turmoil inside me. The cool morning air kissed my skin, but it did little to soothe my troubled heart. I sat on the stone bench, replaying the heated argument with Dimitri over and over in my mind. I had to find a way to break through the barriers between us, to show him that there was another way.

Suddenly, I heard the crunch of footsteps on the gravel path. I turned to see Dimitri striding toward me, his expression a storm of emotions. His eyes were dark, and his jaw was set in a hard line.

"Scarlett," he called out, his voice low and tense.

"Dimitri, I don't want to fight anymore," I said, my voice trembling. "I just want to understand."

But before I could finish, something in his demeanor shifted. His muscles tensed, and his eyes glowed with an eerie light. A growl rumbled deep in his chest, and to my horror, his body began to contort and change. His form grew larger, more imposing, as fur sprouted from his skin and his features twisted into something both feral and frightening.

With a cry of fear, I stumbled back, my heart pounding in my chest. Dimitri had transformed into a massive wolf, his eyes burning with an otherworldly fire. He snarled, baring sharp fangs that gleamed in the early morning light.

"Dimitri!" I screamed, scrambling to my feet. "What is happening?"

In a gruff, guttural voice that still held a trace of Dimitri's humanity, the wolf spoke. "I'm a vampire-wolf hybrid, Scarlett. I couldn't tell you because it was not the right time. But it happens when I get so mad that I lose control and transform. It's my curse..."

I stood frozen, unable to tear my eyes away from the beast before me. My mind raced, trying to process this new revelation. A vampire-wolf hybrid? It seemed impossible, and yet here he was, a living, breathing contradiction.

Dimitri took a step closer, his eyes locked onto mine. "This curse can only be broken if you use your blood magic properly," he continued, his voice strained with a mix of desperation and hope.

A strange thrill ran through me, and despite my fear, I felt an unexpected surge of attraction. There was something undeniably primal and magnetic about him in this form. I swallowed hard, trying to steady my racing heart.

"That's... hot," I blurted out, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Dimitri's wolf eyes widened in surprise, and for a moment, he seemed to hesitate. Then, with a low growl, he began to change again. The fur receded, his form shrinking back into the familiar shape of the vampire I knew. As the transformation completed, he stood before me, breathless and completely naked, his bare skin gleaming in the soft morning light.

I stared, unable to look away, my heart pounding in my chest. The sight of him, both vulnerable and powerful, left me breathless. His sculpted muscles were tense, his chest rising and falling with each deep breath. The intimate exposure of his body made my cheeks burn with a mix of shock and something deeper, something more primal.

I forced myself to focus on his eyes, trying to gather my scattered thoughts. "Dimitri," I whispered, my voice shaking. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He took a step closer, his gaze intense. "I didn't want to burden you with more than you could handle," he said softly. "But now you know. And you have the power to help me break this curse."

I nodded slowly, my mind whirling with a thousand thoughts and emotions. "I want to help," I said, my voice gaining strength. "But you have to trust me, Dimitri. We have to trust each other."

His expression softened, and he reached out to gently cup my face in his hands. "I do trust you, Scarlett," he murmured. "More than you know."

As he pulled me into his arms, I felt a renewed sense of determination. His bare skin pressed against mine, his warmth seeping through my clothes and igniting a spark deep within me. Despite the bizarre and dangerous circumstances, there was an undeniable connection between us.

We had a long and difficult road ahead of us, but together, I believed we could overcome any obstacle. With Dimitri by my side, I was ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.