Heated Debate

A large sign was being hung up by an old shopkeeper that read 'Welcome To Beacon' for the newcomers on the way for the Vytal Festival as Team RWBY and Y/n walked past underneath him.

"The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!" Weiss exclaimed excitedly walking a little bit ahead of everyone else.

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out..." Ruby frowned stepping away from Weiss.

"I thought Schnees were only capable of smiling when a faunus was being sent to the dust mines, or is that just a 'conspiracy' huh Weiss?"

"Very funny, Y/n. But this is a momentous occasion! The Vytal Festival is a time for celebration and unity among the kingdoms. It's a chance to showcase the incredible talents of Huntsmen and Huntresses from all over Remnant. All the preparation and organization that goes into it how could you not smile!" Weiss replied, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Most people don't get excited over those aspects of festivals but I guess you just know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring." Yang sighed, crossing her arms.

"Quiet, you!"

"Could someone remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?"

"And why I have to participate?"

"Ugh, they smell like fish!" Ruby added covering her nose from the smell.

"I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom! As for you, Ruby invited you."

"She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament." Blake corrected as Weiss walked ahead.

"You can't prove that!"

"Lucky you, I don't have a Team so I can't enter the tournament."

"Oh yeah, that must suck guess it sucks to be you as per usual." Yang teased punching Y/n's shoulder.

"Yang I know where you sleep at night."

"Whoa." The group stopped to look at a shattered window down the street full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who was busy writing on his notepad. "What happened here?"

"Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. I swear this place is turning into a jungle." The cop sighed turning and walking to his partner.

"That's terrible."

"But they left all the money again."

"Wait, what?" Ruby expressed her confusion staring at the detective.

"Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?"

"I don't know, an army?"

"You thinking the White Fang?"

"Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough." The second detective sighed removing his sunglasses.

"Lazy ass..."

"Hmph! The White Fang." Weiss crossed her arms and pointed her nose in the air with her eyes closed. "What an awful bunch of degenerates!"

"What's your problem?"

"My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane."

"The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths," Blake said crossing her arms. "They're a collection of misguided Faunus."