Jaundice

Seated in the back of Professor Goodwitch's classroom, Y/n was focused on the book in front of him more than the mock battle between Jaune & Cardin taking place at the front. Jaune's attempts at fighting were clumsy, while Cardin's attacks were aggressive.

"I didn't know you could read, Tiny"

"Of course I can read I made it into Beacon, didn't I?" Y/n shot back at Blake, not bothering to look up from his book. "Besides, you're only an inch taller than me."

Blake raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "What are you so engrossed in, anyway?"

"Just some research," Y/n replied, flipping a page nonchalantly. "Trying to figure out some mysteries around here."

Blake rolled her eyes but smiled slightly at his retort. "That's true, but it's also true that you're shorter than me." She asked, leaning over to catch a glimpse of the book. "Plus, I took you as the type to surf the internet for answers to any of your questions and to give up if you couldn't find anything."

Y/n finally glanced up, smirking at Blake. "Well, sometimes old-fashioned methods can be more... fruitful. Besides, there are some things you just can't find online."

"I can respect that a lot of people don't indulge in the alluring nature of literature." Blake whispered dreamily, sighing in satisfaction. "What mysteries are you trying to solve, exactly?"

Y/n closed the book and placed it on the desk with a soft thud. "You ever hear of Ozma or The Infinite Man?"

Blake's expression shifted slightly at the mention of those names. "Yes, they're figures from old fairytales so I don't know much but, Ozma is the legendary hero of Remnant I don't really know much about him or The Infinite Man either but some people say they have the same soul in different bodies Ozma was even worshipped by a group and called the pretend god."

"Ooh, how lucky I wouldn't mind being worshipped, then again, it'd probably get annoying after a while, like when Ruby was still little. What about Salem?"

"Salem, same as Ozma is from a fairytale she's a princess or a witch I don't really know. She's supposedly Ozma's lover or something. Why the sudden interest?"

"Trying to connect some dots, speaking of dots... You're a faunus too, aren't you?" Y/n leaned back in his seat. I can't say I know why you're hiding it, but it's pretty easy to smell. Faunus to faunus, you should probably tell the others."

Blake's eyes widened before returning to normal. "How'd you figure that? Me being a faunus is ridiculous. Your jokes aren't funny." Blake shifted uncomfortably in her seat, trying to change the subject. "Besides, it's not like it matters. We're all here to become Huntsmen and Huntresses, faunus or not."

"I don't know why you're hiding it, but sooner or later Rubes & the others will figure it out. That being said, I don't appreciate liars." Blake's eyes narrowed dangerously as she glared at him.

"People will figure out? Was that some kind of threat, Y/n?"

"It's not a threat, just an observation. Secrets have a way of coming to light eventually. And as for your faunus heritage, it's nothing to be ashamed of." His tail swayed slightly behind him, and her ears twitched as a buzzer was heard and the lights turned on.

"Cardin, that's enough!" Glynda walks onto the stage tapping on her tablet, causing Cardin to relent in his attacks and walks away. "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match." Jaune laid on the floor in defeat as Pyrrha looked down at him sadly, Glynda turns her head to look at Jaune as he pulls out a smaller tablet with his blinking stats. "Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?"