Initiation

A girl with orange hair and turquoise eyes was talking the ear off of a guy wearing Chinese clothing with magenta eyes and black hair with a pink streak.

"I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal! A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?"

"Nora?"

"Yes, Ren?"

"I don't think sloths make a lot of noise."

"....That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!"

"Come on Nora, let's go."

"Not together-together..."

Ren leaves the locker room while a skipping Nora follows, passing Ruby and Yang as they are busy readying themselves.

"Wonder what those two are so worked up about?" Ruby asked no one in particular as she removed Crescent Rose from her locker.

"I don't know but if they don't fuck by the end of the school year I'm gonna have words with someone."

"Y/n! Where have you been we were looking for you all morning."

"With a friend who happens to go to school here."

"Ooh, a friend was this a girlfriend or a boyfriend?"

"She just so happens to be a female friend whatever you're thinking stop thinking it Yang."

"I'm not thinking anything."

"The way you said that suggests that you suspect more than what actually happened."

"Come on spill it, Y/n. What's the scoop with this mystery friend?" Yang leaned in a mischievous smile on her face.

"Not everything has to include drama to be interesting Yang."

"Oh, how wrong you are sweet little rose."

"Don't call me that I'm big, strong, and scary!"

"Rubes you're about as threatening as...well you're not."

"And you're tiny."

"I am not tiny I drink milk!"

"I'm not a doctor but I don't think that's how it works." Y/n protested looking through one of the lockers. "Someone left some lien in here."

"Y/n! Stealing is wrong!"

"Only according to the law if you come out that nervous little shell of yours you see it doesn't matter in the end." Y/n joked knocking on Ruby's head.

"Break out of my shell? What shell the shell of being a law-abiding citizen that's completely-

"Ridiculous! There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?"

"As I was saying yes the shell of a law-abiding citizen." Y/n stated before Weiss was heard talking to a redhead.

"So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!"

"Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may."

"Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together."

"Well, that sounds grand!"

"That's Great!"

"This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now! We'll be popular! We'll be celebrities! We'll get perfect grades! Nothing can come between us now!"