𝟑𝟕. 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐮𝐩 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬!

4 weeks later

Yuvaani 

It has been four weeks Aarush has been working on his startup and searching for his clients. Last night when we were just having a talk he got a call from someone and yes he finally got his first client! He was so over the moon that he hugged me in excitement. I too hugged him back reciprocating the excitement. Aarush told me that the client wasn’t sure one hundred per cent at noon because it’s a startup and its risky. But eventually he liked the idea and collaborated with Aarush. 

I was keeping the folded clothes in the closet, and our babies were on the bed. They were entertaining themselves and blabbering. Aarush was in the other corner of the room, reading a book. I heard Aarush’s phone ring and my gaze fall on him. He was searching for his phone but till that time we heard “helloww”!

Oh God! Ansh, baby!!!

He was looking at the screen and phone was in his hands. He started imitating lately, expanding his vocabulary. My smart babyy!! 

Aarush quickly rushed and took the phone attending the caller on the other side and walked in the balcony. I went to Priyansh and sat next to him. 

“Baby, are you Papa’s mini assistant?” I asked him playfully

“Tant” Pihu squirked on us crawling to me and grabbing my shoulder to stand. I helped her to do the same.

“You both don’t have to be this much cute, I’ll eat both of you!!” I cried and pretended to eat their cheeks with my lips, and tickling them. Our whole room was filled with happy laughs of our babies! I can never get bored of them!

“Yuvaani” I heard my name being called out from my back and I lifted my face and turned back. 

“They called me to their office tomorrow to start working on it!” his face glowed. 

“Congratulations! I’m so proud of you. You deserve it” I wished him.

“Thank you. At least my hard work is paying off."

“And you two little demons, I love you” he added leaning towards them and showering them with kisses.

“And you know how to pick up a call?” He asked Ansh and in response Ansh would only say “Call” in his baby voice as it was Aarush’s last word and showed him his front two teeth. And that was the very instant Pihu slapped him. 

“Oh my god, baby you shouldn’t hit your brother” Aarush said dramatically! I smiled looking at his act. He held Pihu’s hands together and pretended to scold her. The  little girl unaware of anything, she started crying as she saw his rude expression. 

“Oh my baby, sorry!! But you were wrong, you shouldn’t hit anyone” he tried to console her and kissed her. Priyansh was looking at them with doe eyes so Aarush kissed Ansh too.

“As if she’s gonna understand” I muttered to myself.

To my utmost surprise. 

Utmost unexpected. 

He kissed me too on my left cheek, before moving out in a swift motion! I mean, that was unexpected. Bedtime kisses are okay- but this random- but I liked it. After few hours, I saw Aarush in our room, working on his laptop and the babies were playing on the ground of our bedroom. It was almost evening so I wanted to buy some groceries for us. I got ready and told Aarush that I was going to market. He insisted to accompany me, but I knew he was working so I politely denied him and asked him to look after Pihu and Ansh. He was so immersed in his work, I didn’t want him to leave that because of me. 

I got ready and took my carry bag with me. I bought some vegetables from the market and some fruits. I think we should have potato curry for dinner, so I took masalas for it, which were finished. Getting the evening stroll cleared my mind and got home with a good mood. When you get everything you wanted from the market, the contentment is on another level. 

When I returned back home, I made tea for us. I gave it to Maa, Papa in their room and took a cup of tea for Aarush in our room. I opened the door and found him working on bed, the same how I saw him while leaving. I looked around to see where kids are.

“Aarush!!!!!!” I gasped when I saw the babies at my vanity table spilling all the products out of their boxes! I saw my red lipstick in Pihu’s hand and she was painting Ansh’s cheek as he was her personalized canvas! Ansh had baby powder’s big container in his hand, all spilled. Pihu was half white due to the powder. And all my make up things were just spilled on ground. 

“OMG! When did this happen?” Aarush looked and stood beside his kids almost instantaneously. 

“You should know that! I told you to look after them! Ek kaam nahi hota aapse!”

[ You can’t do a thing properly! ]

“Arre toh mai- I was getting things ready for tomorrow na”

“And what about this? They did their own makeover! Aarush mai bata rahi hu baccho ko aise akele zameen pe chhodte nahi! Zameen pe koi giri chiz kha li unhone toh-?”

[ We shouldn’t leave kids like this on ground, what if they might eat something from ground?” ]

“Um- yeah- I’m sorry-” he said and picked both of his babies. My whole moisturizer was spread on their clothes, which sticked to his clothes too.

“My makeup” I said pitying the scene in front of me. I use minimal so that I could sustain it for longer duration, plus not a fan of heavy makeup. 

“Waise bhi tumhe khoobsurat dikhne ke liye makeup ki zaroorat nahi” I heard him say.

[ You didn’t need makeup to look beautiful ]

“Zalulat nahi” Pihu repeated his last words

“Bilkoo nahi” Ansh followed her, showing me his 2 front teeth.

[ bilkul nahi ]

“You two mini makeup artists!! Jao Papa nehla ke denge ab tumhe”

[ Papa will bath you both ]

“Um- O-Okay?”

“Haa. Kyu yeh sab toh ab mujhe hi clean karna hoga na! Consider it as your punishment”

[ I have to clean this mess now! ]

“Sure ma’am. And you two, mumma ko sorry bolo” Aarush pretended to scold them but they were looking at him instead. 

“Arre say!” he insisted again, but they didn’t. 

Depends on their mood, I guess. 

Soon, he appeared with both the monsters in his hand and till the time I cleaned it. 

“Vaani, I wanna talk about something important”

“Yes?”

“I think you should talk to them?”

“Who?"
“Your parents.”