Part 10

Warnings- Fluff, confessions, little angst.

Steve's emotions surge as he realizes he may lose the person he loves. His resolve crumbles as he begs for forgiveness, tears streaming down his face. "Please Y/n, forgive me. I didn't mean all those things I said. I was angry and hurt, but I know that's not an excuse. I can't bear the thought of losing you."

He looks into your eyes, his own filled with regret and pain. "Please, I'm sorry. I'll do anything to make it up to you." "I never cheated on you..." you choke on your tears, the pain and fear aching your heart.

Steve's tears continued to flow freely as he listened to your words. "I know, Y/n. I know you didn't cheat on me."

He let out a shaky breath, trying to calm himself. "But when I found that you are injured, I got so scared. It was like everything I've been through came crashing down on me. No one told me where you are, I thought I lost you. And seeing you with Thor, I...I thought you don't..."

He closed his eyes, trying to gather his thoughts. "I'm sorry for doubting you, for not giving you the benefit of the doubt. You deserve someone who trusts you completely. No no! We can make this work out."

"Why did you kiss Laurie?" Steve's expression shifts from pained to defensive as he recalls that particular moment. "It wasn't like that, Y/n. She forced herself on me." He looks at you, hoping you'll believe him. "I tried to resist, but she just...she was persistent. Before I knew it, she was all over me." He shakes his head, trying to forget the memory. "I never wanted to kiss her. You have to believe me."

"Did you believe me?" Steve's expression turns pained as he thinks about his actions. "I...I know, Y/n. I was feeling lost, angry..." He looks at you, remorse written all over his face. "That's no excuse, I know. I was wrong, but at that moment, it felt like I had no one else to turn to." He pauses, his voice growing hoarse from emotion. "Please, Y/n. I'm begging you. Give me another chance."

"Laurie is beautiful..." Steve's expression turns conflicted as he's forced to confront his hurtful words. "I don't know why I said that. I guess...I was trying to make you jealous." He looks at you, his eyes pleading for understanding. "I was an idiot. I know that now. I was just so angry and hurt, and I lashed out. But none of that's an excuse for what I said."

He takes a deep breath, his voice trembling with regret. Steve takes a moment to compose himself before meeting your gaze, guilt clear in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Y/n. I shouldn't have made fun of you with Eric. That was childish and immature of me."

He shakes his head, disgust with himself evident on his face. "It was petty and hurtful, and I'm sorry for that." He meets your gaze, sincerity shining through his teary eyes. "I hope you can forgive me for that too."

Tony's voice cuts through the chatter, his tone sharp and authoritative, "Listen up, everyone. This is it." He scans the room, meeting the gaze of each person with an intensity that's almost electric. "There's no room for mistakes here. We stick to the plan, no matter what."

He pauses for a moment, letting his words sink in.

Tony's voice crackles into Natasha's commlink, clear and concise. "Nat, let's start the countdown. On the count of three, we cut the wires."

Natasha focuses, her fingers poised over the wires, ready to follow Tony's lead.

"Three, two, one..."

As Tony's voice trails off, both he and Natasha take a deep breath, steeling themselves for the moment. They each cut the wires in unison, their movements precise and synchronized.

The room falls silent as they wait for the bomb to deactivate.

Minutes stretched into an eternity. Finally, with a triumphant click, Tony deactivated the bomb. You all let out a collective sigh of relief.