part seven

The 250s were looking good out there and only two people went down during heat 1 which was surprising since the track looked very slippery. The next round of 250s were up for heat 2 and Vialle was in this one, I wished him a pat of good luck right before we rode over to the gates and parked.

The gates dropped and Vialle got the holeshot by a few inches but the rest of the 250s were right on his tail. He raced good all the way until the last lap and he almost crashed but he ran into a tough block and was able to keep riding as the block got completely ran over and destroyed which made us all laugh.

Vialle ended up winning 250 heat 2 and he was out of breath once his interview was done and he came up to us. "Track is slippery be careful." He told me and I nodded while looking out to see they were fixing a few of the though blocks then they had 450 heat 1 racers line up which was me and Aaron. Blake kept reminding me to breathe because my anxiety always acts up before a race and that's not good...

   "Cmon Ken, you got this. It's your first race just be careful but also kick ass out there." Blake yelled then smacked my shoulder as the monster girl held the sign up then got out of the way and everyone started their bikes up. 3.....2......1......boom! We all shot forward as the gates dropped and the fireworks boomed.

   After the holeshot, I would guess my position was 9th or 10th. Hunter Lawrence had gotten the holeshot and my goal was to get as close to 1st place or at least podium so I stepped it up after the first lap and ended up passing four more people so I got sixth after crossing the final jump.

   "You did good!" Blake said once I rode back to him and he read my tone once I sent him a glare, I wasn't too proud of myself on that one so crossing my fingers the main event goes smoother tonight...

Heat 2 passed and Chase won with Jett right on his ass but both boys looked really good out there so I had a feeling podium was going to be impossible but top ten could be somewhat possible for me. The LCQ's for both classes finished and then it was time for the baby KTM bikes, a 7 year old boy won and he had the biggest smile on his face which somehow made me happy too.

"Why are you smiling?" Chase nudged me, "because he's a cute kid." I responded and he gave me a look. "No I'm not weird for that, right Aaron?" I asked and he nodded, "like little kid cute." He added while Chase was all alone in this argument. "I won!" I said and he rolled his eyes. "Not a competition."

Vialle was super nervous as the main event approached, he was pacing back and forth then he finally got on the bike and rode over to the gates after the hosts were back on air. "...and here we are with our final 250 class of the night- the main event!" "It sure is stacked with some of the best tonight so podium will be tricky but can Vialle manage a win and steal the red plate from Hapmshire?" "Let's us find out right now, back down to you at the track Will." Carmichael announced as the cameras moved to Will Christian down on the track. All of the riders were in a line, talking to their managers and fixing their helmets or gloves then the mechanics disappeared as the monster girl strutted out to the middle with her countdown sign.

"Cmon Tom." I mumbled to myself while standing by the stadium floor entrance next to AP and Chase, we all looked up at the big screen as the monster girl cleared the track and the gates were dropped when the fireworks boomed and the fire shot up which made whole sky different colors. "Dammit it's RJ!" I said once the holeshot was replayed on the big screen but luckily Vialle was right behind him in third or so...

"Last lap!" Aaron announced and I looked up from my boots to see that Tom was .2 seconds away from RJ. There were two more turns left and all this sudden RJ's bike was overheating and smoke was coming out the back like crazy so he of course slowed down and looked back while his bike was completely crapping out. "He's got the win!" Chase yelled and I looked from RJ's bike to Vialle jumping the finish line and celebrating with his arm in the air. Lots of people cheered but I still kept my attention on Hampshire.

Hampshire ended up finishing fourth place after riding his bike slowly over the finishing jump, people cheered and I clapped because I know he feels like shit.

We all ran over to Tom and cheered him on then he went up to the stage to get interviewed and receive his trophy plus official title of the red plate! "Couldn't do this without my mechanic and KTM- I just wanna say sorry to RJ bud because we all know how that feels but I can't be too sad about that. Thank you!" He announced then sprayed the champagne everywhere and the rest of us 450 riders ran over to our gate.

"Ay good luck out there..." Chase said as we were walking over, "good luck out there Kenny." He finished and I smiled at my new nickname. "Thanks and you be safe too!" I said as he nodded then walked away.

The monster girl moved out of the way and I took one more deep breath as Blake's words ran through my head one last time, 'most people never make it this far, it's an accomplishment so keep it up badass.'

The first corner was rough and there was a lot of bar banging but luckily I got towards the front and avoided all that. I followed Chase who was in about fifth place until I suddenly felt uncomfortable and a few riders passed me but then I quickly snapped back into place and gained two positions back. I ended up finishing my debut race in seventh place without crashing which I wasn't mad at all.

Blake came and gave me a huge hug as Chase was doing a burnout on the cement since he won tonight, I rode over there and congratulated him because he is my teammate. "Remember we're going out tonight!" Chase added and I had completely forgot about that, "I need a few minutes to clean up first." I added and he nodded while walking to the stage and I stood next to Plessinger on the floor who got fifth.

"And once again, your Denver podium!" One the announcers said and the crowd went wild as more fireworks went off. All us riders went back to the pits and KTM had a moment to celebrate Chase as the mechanics were cleaning up the bikes, we were blasting music while AP was showing off his dance moves and baby Savannah came over to dance also...she gets that from her dad I would guess.

About 30 minutes passed and everyone was tired but the winning vibes were still there as we finished cleaning up. "Hey Kenny you want a ride?" Chase asked, "uhhh-" I looked at Blake who was already smirking and I ignored him. "Yeah sure!" I responded to Chase and he nodded while starting his truck.

"We're gonna celebrate, wanna come?" I asked Blake and he shook his head, "make smart choices and don't end up pregnant!" He said the last part loud enough for everyone to hear, "yes dad." I rolled my eyes then thanked him for today and left to the bar with Chase in his truck.