part eleven

I went upstairs to my room because I did not want to deal with a pissed off Blake right now. Something must of happened at the track because he was not being a dick this morning and now I'm scared...

Pick up pick up pick up.

"Chase?" I asked as a tear rolled down my cheek,
"it's me, what do you need Kenny?" His voice said through my phone.
"Blake-" I saw my bedroom door wiggle and I held my breath.
"Kendall?" Chase asked.

"Kendall what is going on." Chase asked as he heard my heavy breathing,
"he changed." I said as Blake began yelling my name. "Help!"

"I'm on my way." Chase said and I shook my head.
"That's not a good idea..."
"Kendall you need to get out of there."
"I can't, he's right outside my door." I quietly whispered.
"Hang in there baby." Chase said as I kept reminding myself to breathe.

"Kendall who the hell are you on the phone with?" Blake yelled and started banging on my door.
"Kendall I'll be there in 10 minutes, hang tight." Chase told me through the phone and I nodded.

"Don't make me repeat myself again Kendall Cruz, who are you on the phone with?" Blake asked and it looked like my door handle was about to break off. "Stop it!" I yelled back at him but that didn't work.

"Kendall?" Chase asked as I put the phone back to my ear,
"hurry Chase he is going to break my door!" I whisper-yelled.
"I'm in your neighborhood Kenny." He said and I felt relief as he hung up.

I turned my back to the door for a quick seconds just to see Chase's truck except it was already dark outside and still dumping rain so I wouldn't spot it. "Open the goddamn door Kendall!" Blake yelled just as the doorbell rang, "what now?" He walked away from my door and I stayed inside just to be sure...

Chase: get downstairs quietly

I heard voices and yelling downstairs so I took it as my time to go down there quietly. Chase made eye contact with me behind Blake then nodded. "Hey you wanna go get beers tomorrow night?" Chase made a fake conversation, "actually could I come in, pretty cold out here..." Blake let him inside then turned around and saw me on the last stair.

   "Hey!" He yelled and grabbed my wrist as Chase tried to push him off, "Blake let go!" I yelled but he wasn't listening so I gave Chase a look to shut his ears then let out the most gut-wrenching scream which pissed Blake off to let go of my arm as Chase quickly got me outside of the house and in the rain.

It was raining even harder than before which wasn't a good sign but I needed to get far away.

"Chase?" I managed to say and he looked at me, "we need to get out of here." I said and he locked the doors then turned on the truck and blasted the heater for my side. "Thank you so much Chase." He gave me a kiss before turning out of the neighborhood and into the empty streets of Florida during a storm.

   It got hot inside so I reached to turn down the heat when my arm was all red and began forming a bruise from Blake. "Babe what is that?" Chase asked while keeping an eye on the road, "I guess it was from him-" I began and Chase grabbed my arm again and I winced. "Sorry sorry...this is assault Kendall."

"CHASE!" I yelled out loud as a car was coming straight towards down the middle of the road, "CHASE!" I yelled again and we swerved to avoid hitting that car except we were now spinning from not enough traction. "Hang on Kendall the truck's hydroplaning." Chase said while trying to regain control but nothing was working. "Shit!" He yelled while I was freaking out internally and externally. "We are going to die!"

   Chase was trying to calm me down while still focusing on his truck and all of the sudden a car coming towards us started spinning on the road too. "Woahhh buddy." Chase said quietly as we both watch the car come closer and closer until crash...

Chase
   This was the last thing I needed right now, the other car was getting out of hand and I tried to turn but I quickly remembered that the worse thing to do. So I prayed that car wouldn't hit us but of course it did. Within a blink of an eye, the front of my truck went right into a concrete barrier...

The front and side airbags deployed while my truck lights were going crazy. My head was spinning as I looked around and saw Kendall in the passenger seat with her head in the dash, buried in the airbag.

"Sir I am so so so sorry, I lost cont-" the other driver came up to me and her words were shaky.
"She needs 911!" I yelled while looking over at Kendall who hadn't moved.
"Yes sir I just got off the phone with them." The lady said and my head was spinning.
"Is she ok, is she breathing?" "I don't know! That's why we need medical attention!" I snapped.

I heard sirens in the distance and saw the blue and red flashing lights but everything was a blur as the firefighter's had to pry my passenger door off to get Kendall out. Even then she didn't look too promising.

"Could you two try and explain the full story?" A police came up with an umbrella and asked the woman and I, she explained while I watched Kendall get transported into the ambulance and I knew it was a tear that rolled down my face and not a damn raindrop. "Sir can I hear your part?" The police asked and I looked at him in complete fear knowing Kendall wasn't ok...I was supposed to get her away from danger.