part seventeen

Chase
   I watched Kendall shake in the corner of her room but kept my attention on the door a few inches in front of me. She stood there with tears rolling down her face as this room used to make her feel comfortable but now she isn't...all because of a boy- the guy she was supposed to trust the most let her down and broke that relationship.

There were footsteps in the hall and I whispered to Kendall and she nodded while I made two fists. The door handle moved and Blake's eyes made direct eye contact with mine as he opened the door slowly, "whoa the fuck are you doing here?" He yelled at me then scanned the room and spotted Kendall.

   "Ahhh I should have known you were going to come back- you think going to the hospital was your way of protecting yourself? Well guess what, your dad has sent me multiple messages about this situation. It's funny because I warned you not to tell anyone yet you opened your mouth, Kendall you never learn." Blake said from the doorframe and I could hear Kendall taking deep breaths. "And you." He nudged me, "you aren't so strong as you think you are. You didn't stop me from doing anything to Kendall, you allowed it." He said with a smirk, "so much for Chase coming to the rescue- eh Kendall?"

   I punched Blake right in the nose which took him by surprise, "nowww you have the confidence." He said while standing up straight and punching me also in the nose. "Blake stop it!" Kendall yelled from her corner as I grabbed my nose and saw blood but he ignored her and took this as the opportunity to beat the shit out of me. I fought back but pulled Blake in the room so that Kendall could escape and luckily she read my mind, "that all you got?" I yelled while she quietly got up, he took another punch at me right across the face and I instantly felt that one but realized he was going to look back so I stood up.

Blake had me pinned on the ground but the most important thing was that Kendall got out of the room, he kept punching me repeatedly across the face and each time was worse and worse. "Stay away from her!" He yelled but I used my last bit of strength to turn over and get free, we both were standing up, waiting for the other person to strike. I finally took a shot and Blake fell to the floor, I had knocked him out and he stayed there for awhile so I grabbed Kendall's last bag then ran downstairs and ran to the truck.

"CHASE!" Kendall yelled when she looked at me, "you need to go to the hospital!" She exclaimed but I locked the doors and put the truck in drive. "You better be driving to the hospital Chase." She said in a serious tone but I shook my head, "no we need to get out of here." I said out of breath while she rolled her eyes. "Unbelievable!" I laughed as she sat in the passenger seat and frowned the whole ride back home.

   I brought all of Kendall's things up to her new room in my house and she gave me a fake smile and responded 'thanks' but I knew something was off. "We can leave here in about a hour." I told Kendall as she looked at me with pure sadness in her eyes. "Do you need help cleaning up?" She asked and mentioned my face and I nodded.

She patted the empty counter in the bathroom so I jumped up there while she got a cleansing pad and alcohol to clean the blood. I turned to this mirror for a few seconds and already saw the bruise under my eye starting to form. "I am so so sorry about all this Chase." Kendall apologized while throwing the stuff away, "no it's ok." I reminded her then lifted her chin up, "I love you so I'm protecting you." Kendall blushed as I carried her back to her bedroom to pack for the trip.

We spent 20 minutes trying to find outfits then Kendall laid on her bed and huffed, "what's wrong?" I asked while zipping her duffle bag. "Just tired." She responded in a fake tone then sat up and double checked that she packed everything.
   "Ready?" I asked while starting my truck and she slowly nodded as we began the hour and a half road trip to our hotel in Daytona.

Kendall
   Chase shook me awake then handed me nerds gummy clusters and I looked out the window to we were parked at a gas station. "Did you need to use the bathroom?" He asked, "no I'm good." I responded then sat up carefully while elevating my swollen ankle in the passenger seat as Chase continued our trip.

We got to the hotel because Chase insisted we make this trip tomorrow morning and night so he got a hotel, 10 minutes away from the stadium. "You got it?" I asked while handing my heavy backpack over for Chase to carry, "geez never knew someone could make a backpack over a hundred pounds." He joked and I rolled my eyes then followed Chase to the front desk after he grabbed a luggage cart.