part sixteen

I opened my eyes for a second then looked around to see an unfamiliar room, I heard water running so I wasn't alone but who was here with me? My phone was charging on the table beside me and I had gotten a few notifications but I didn't pay close attention to any of them. 

I spotted my crutches then walked out of the room and followed the sound of water which led me to another bedroom. Then the water stopped and I froze, Chad walked out of the shower with a towel around his lower hips and brushed his teeth while I stood in the hallway, trying to hold my breath from using the stupid crutches.

  His dog came running over to me and I widened my eyes while trying to shoo him away quietly without getting caught. "Go!" I whisper-yelled, trying not to be louder than the fan. "Get out!" "Kendall?" He yelled my name and I slowly turned around, "that's me." I said with a smile and he smiled back. "What are you doing?" "Well I followed your dog and then he stopped." I made up a quick lie as Chase laughed and I noticed he changed into a pair of gray shorts. My stomach growled so loudly and we both laughed, "you need some breakfast?" He asked while I nodded then he carried me downstairs like a gentleman.

"So what are your plans for today?" I asked Chase and he shrugged, "I was thinking of going to press day but then there's going to be questions to why you're not racing and why I'm also not racing..." he said. "Press day- for supercross?" I asked and he nodded, "yeah you remember! Do you remember racing?"
   "Yeah an orange bike...three or four letters letters?" I said while thinking of the name. "KTM!" Chase answered my question while I nodded. "Yes!" "Do you remember your teammates?" He asked.

"They were all guys, one was really tall and the other was not so much." I explained and tried to remember the little details but I couldn't picture their faces or names. Chase pulled out his phone and handed it to me, "are these them?" He asked while showing me a picture of two guys and a girl with their orange bikes lined in a row. "Yes!" I answered then zoomed in on the faces, "that's me?" "Yes ma'am." He confirmed.

   I looked at the other two guys and one of them was taller so my memory was correct on that. The other guy looked familiar and it started to bother me so I kept zooming in, "Chase who is-" I looked up at him then it clicked! "CHASE" he nodded while laughing, "you're my teammate!" I yelled and started to put together more pieces of the puzzle. "And this is your house?" "Yeah you got it."

A smile grew across my face because I had finally remembered one thing in my own since the hospital.

"So do you want to go to press day or just hang around here?" Chase asked and I shrugged.
   "Where's the race at this weekend?" "Here in Daytona." He responded, "if you want to go." I said and he nodded, "ok then pack clothes for tonight and tomorrow." Chase told me while I left his room.

I looked around the room and realized we had a problem, all my clothes were at my old house... "you stay here and I'll pack them all up for you." Chase offered but I shook my head. "I need to get my stuff, you can be on the lookout for him." "Are you sure?" Chase asked and I nodded. "Yeah I'm sure." I answered as he carried me downstairs then I set my crutches in the back as Chase helped me in the passenger seat.

Chase drove into the neighborhood and I looked out the window as he rested a hand on my thigh. "Ok Kenny we're here." He shut the truck off and I looked at the familiar yet unfamiliar house. There were no cars in the driveway so I thought we were safe, Chase helped me out of the truck and handed my crutches over then we slowly walked up to the front door. I knocked and waited for a response but there was none. We waited a few more seconds but there was no answer so Chase handed me the key and I unlocked the front door, "Blake?" I yelled and heard an echo but there was still no response. "He must be gone?"
   I told Chase to grab my three suitcases from the hall closet and he took those upstairs then carried me upstairs, I hopped on one foot to my room and the door was shut. "You got it?" Chase asked while I pushed my suitcase in and tried to balance. "Ok I'll hand you piles and you set them on my bed." He nodded as I went through my entire closet, "well there's two suitcases!" He said and I threw two more duffle bags out, "this might not be enough..." I said while hopping over to my dresser and I heard Chase chuckle then handed him more clothes to fill up the last suitcase and duffle bags.

"Just the decorations and personal shit now." I mumbled and Chase laughed while going into another hall closet and finding more luggage. There was one big pile on my bed to take and everything else was being left behind. Chase went outside to take a load of my stuff in the truck and then he came back to take more. He was helping with my bathroom stuff, my last load, when we both heard the front door open.
   My jaw dropped and Chase pushed me back in my room as he quietly closed the door and I began to hyperventilate. "Kendall you need to be quiet or we are going to get caught." Chase put a hand over my mouth and I complete froze as the memories came back from Blake doing that to me. "What's wrong?" Chase asked while I zoned back in, "flashbacks." "Oh shit sorry." He whispered as we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "If he comes in, I'll fight and you sneak past him ok?" "Yes sir." I whispered.

   I felt relief once I heard another door shut except Chase didn't, he took a step away from the door and curled his hand into a fist. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded while my whole body was shaking...