Day 49 : Dealing with the devil

-hep Law ! Can I have you for a sec ?? Said Sabo before I could flee into my room after dinner. Shit.

-what for ? I asked clenching my jaw.

-few stuffs that will interest you, I'm sure. Said Sabo with a too big smile.

-I'll be the one judging that. I said crossing my arms.

-heh haha no need to bite huh ? We're on the same side here ! Come on let's go to your room so we can chat. He said, knowing the house too well. I sight and follow him, under Mary and Bepo's curious eyes. We reach my room, he sits on Bepos bed while I stay standing against the wall. Waiting.

-haa do you always have to stay on the defensive like that ?? Come and sit !

-no. What do you want ? I asked crossing my arms.

-ha, ok whatever... Well I have a deal for you.

-no. I'm done dealing. I already am indebted with her forever. I don't want any more deals. Even less with the revolutionary army.

-haha... I see... but it's not from the army. It's more from me personally. And it's something you can repay easily and quickly.

-ok fine. What do I win ?

-a chance to reach your crew ?

-i already have a plan. I said ready to leave the room.

-the letter in her editor journal, yes I know but what I'm offering you is bigger. Bigger than her archipelago magazine.

-...how do you even know about my letter ! I said starting to be upset.

-your bear told us.

And at this moment I kind of wish I could sew his mouth sometimes, because it means that she also knows that I want to use her that way. I sight and wait for him to finish his offer.

-so, what I'm offering you is room in our newspaper. Revolutionary one. For your letter. As much times as it needs to appear to make them notice it.

-...

-you have my worlds.

-that would make me deal with revolutionary.

-no it's on me. It's my letter. And I'm the chief editor so it's only my business.

-...OK fine let's imagine that I accept. What will you want in return ?

-...

I see him looking right into my eyes, looking for sincerity or idk what and I won't pretend that I have what he wants me to have, so I just say nothing and he ends up saying :

-i want you to take care of her. From now until her baby is 6-month-old.

-what !! No ! I'm not a babysitter!

-it's my only deal for you. And I know that you need a lot of time to recover and then to gain your strength back. Approximately 6 months I'd say.

-...

I frown deep in my forehead, because ain't no way we can bear each other for 6 more months. Not in this current atmosphere at least. So I frown even more and ask :

-You should do it yourself. It's not my role.

-you're a doc.

-you're her.... Idk what but it's more your job than mine. I said confused about the fact that he's asking me this.

-i can't stay. I'm leaving tomorrow. I have a 6 month mission. I won't be here for her during this time. So let me put my trust on you and bring back your crew in reward.

-...

-if you agree, I'll talk to her and ask her to tell you her story. Then maybe you'll create a better atmosphere. She's a good person as much as you are.

-the fuck you're asking me.

-come on. You need those 6 months anyways. And you need a ship and to make money again.

-i have money. I just need my crew.

-great ! Then it's easier for you ! And think about your bear ! He loves her !

-it's not the point. 

-come on I'm trying to make you see the silver lining...

-it shouldn't be me who should be here for her during that time. It makes no sense.

-it will. If you end up knowing her story, you will understand.

-...and who told you she agrees to keep us for 6 months huh ???

-she told me you were staying until you were recovered so it's already seen Law.

-...it's easy for you. You just go and leaver her like that... but it's not my role. I'm almost a stranger for her. It is her husband's role, not mine ! She can give birth anytime now. You should stay.

-i can't. And I'm asking you. He said putting a hand on my shoulder. I immediately scare at him and he takes it of giggling embarrassed...and I ask :

-who are you for her for God sake !

-i can't tell you. She is the one owning the keys to that story. I won't force her.

-i think she lost the keys.

-hahahaha she didn't. Believe me.

-mmmf. I said thinking

-you know we print our newspaper worldwide huh ? To 80 0000 0000 copies... It's the RV news..

-i know what it is.

-huhu. Well, what are you saying ? Do we have a deal ?

-that doesn't make sense. How could you leave her to me like that, when we barely know each other ? Do you actually care about her ?

-i do ! Be sure of that ! And I know you're indebted to her, so you're linked too. And I saw how you still can't help but monitor her even if you're mad at her. The wine.

I sight and look at Bepo's bed... I need his advice. So I say :

-I'll think about it. I'll give you my answer tomorrow morning.

-yeah ? Let it be positive huh ? It's an easy process for you anyways. And you're already honoring it. He said getting up and giving me his hand to shake. I frown and say :

-we don't have a deal yet. I won't shake your hand bastard.

-hahahahha ! OK ok ! Haha see you tomorrow then ! I'll leave at 6 am huh ?

-you'll have an answer by then. I said wiping him away. When he is gone I lie on my bed, brain full of problems.

-------------

Helloww!

I'll slowly be back, i promise!

I just got my first job, and need time to settle in, but i'll try to post from timeto time!