Chapter 1: She is the Rhythm of his Soul (Part 2)

Anirudh took slow steps towards Bondita, held her shoulder and gently made her turn towards him. As she turned towards him, Anirudh again asked her...Bondita, so what did you say ? Bondita was already nervous of what she has just uttered, so in order to swap the conversation she immediately puffed her cheeks again and complained to Anirudh. Pati Babu! Today is Thursday and you should have returned home a few days back on Monday. Why didn't you inform me about your delayed arrival ? I was waiting for you all day near the entrance of our haveli but when you didn't turned up I felt very bad Pati Babu.
Anirudh's expression clearly stated that he too missed Bondita all this while, indeed she was his 'jeene ki wajah' (reason for his living) but he soon covered it with a mischievous smile and said, Haan Bondita! I know but I had to because my friends wanted me to stay there for a few days more. Friends ?! Saurabh jamaai babu ?! Did he come with you to Calcutta ? Asked a curious Bondita. Anirudh sighed and told her...Bondita! I can have friends other than Saurabh too, right ? And they are from London.
She asked him with all curiosity... Pati Babu ...so who are your friends from London ?
Him while trying to be flirty told her all the possible names of English women that came to his mind...Woh Bondita...I can start with Lena then sonia, Liza, marry, nivie, caroline, Kristie, Catherine, Zora, Sophie, Elizabeth..and...
What???!!!! A horrified Bondita spoke with utmost annoyance after cutting Anirudh's sentence in the mid way...
I mean do you only have girls as your friends ?
Anirudh corrected her statement by saying...
Bondita you call them as 'girl friends' and not  'girls as friends'.
I know that...and I'm educated now, told an angry Bondita . But wait, you have so many friends... Anirudh immediately corrected her again by saying.. Bondita! it's girl friends...girl friends.
Yes! G i r l - F r i e n d s...as she completed her sentence with a reasonable stretch on each syllable, Anirudh controlled himself to not show his teeth at any cost. He always liked to prank Bondita, afterall she never missed a chance to do the same with him. Indeed this is what their bond is all about. It's about being together, with and for each other and these cute little nok-jhoks of theirs are like the cherries on the ice cake for us.
Pati Babu ..You ! I mean how could you... Not even she was done with her sentence of disappointment, she heard soft giggles which turned into a heavy laughter. It was Anirudh who accepted his defeat as he couldn't control his laughter anymore after seeing a possessive and angry Bondita.
By the time he realised, she was gone from there....now there was a void in the room and Anirudh was standing there all alone in the cool breeze, in the dusk of the monsoon to only realise what he had done..
As realisation hit him hard, Anirudh ran outside of their room to find his Bondita.

(To be continued...)