summer nights

•°•

"come a bit closer yes yes perfect!"

"put your hands over his shoulders"

"smile more wider ishan sir"

"kya karak lagrahe he na dono nahi?"

"ISHAN SIR, aap bohot achee lag rahe ho."

"oi sambhalke bhai, unke bagal mein hi he."

"such a CUTE JODI sir ji!"

"killer jodi sir jii!"

"ISHAN, OVER THE SHOULDER, OVER THE SHOULDER!"

"kya yar wohi ghisi pitti thumbs up wala pose"

"SHUBMAN, HERE THIS SIDE AND SMILEEEE ANDDD PERFECT! THANK YOU!"

"OHO SIR JI! SHADDI WHEN?"

"when india legalizes same sex marriage", chided in another reporter.

we witness the forever unhinged indian paparazzis completely engrossed in clicking the pictures of ishan and shubman together. ishan's debut red carpet in the opening party of the
"Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre".

with a dapper suit, slick hair and a prong cuban diamond chain, we see shubman gracing the event. and with an equally rich and classy attire, we could see ishan, posing for the pictures with shubman. apparently, the decision was made that ishan and shubman would have to show up together for certain events and shows so that the hype remains relevant. with green signal from shubman's side, the plan was fully fledged on and today marks their first official appearance together after that incident.

inside the venue, the ambani's left no crumbles in the decorations. the regal stage, adorned with heavy golden statues, the banquet hall with a touch of modernism and a hint of royalism, overall the whole place screamed exquisite.

"hey ishan, you okay?"

"kind of nervous. after all, it's my first time attending such a grand event. all thanks to you."

"yar ishan, now i feel guilty." shubman pouts as he says.

"arey no no, i meant it in a good way haha."

"acha then okay. aur sunno,"

"kya boliye?"

"don't be nervous. main hoo naa." shubman said looking into ishan's deep brown orbs.

for a split second, ishan could actually see the genuineness in shubman's eyes.

"i'd love that."
ishan said not breaking the eye contact.

"huh?"

"i-i mean i love that. i love that movie, main hoo naa." ishan tried to laugh off the awkwardness in the air.

"ofc but ishan, don't worry i get you. i felt the same when i was in your place 7 years ago."

"wow you must have a lot of experience."

"that i do. and during the whole time, i learned a few things about such events."

"that's great. can i get some of those tips?"

"now, where's my "please" at?"

"pleaseeee."

"haha ofc. so you see ishan, these events are often held by prestigious and highly respected tycoons of India. the thing is the hosts probably won't be able to accommodate you for the whole evening, so the first thing in such events, is to make a group. find two or three good friends, stay with them for the rest of the evening. that way, you won't feel lonely and could actually spend a decent evening."