longing of the shy hearts

•°•

"guess it's just us then."

°
°
°

shubman's pov

[ "i'm feeling so shy." the heart blushed.

"why? aab kya hua?" the brain asked, being disinterested as ever, while typing  away the list of nicknames its owner plans on calling ishan after marriage.

"it's just ishan and us now." the heart giggled and hid its face in its hands.

"oi don't get any funny thoughts. we don't want to make him uncomfortable."

" then ask the eyes to control the stares cause it's getting obvious now." the heart stomped its feet and went away pouting.

the brain sighed as it goes onto switch off one optic nerve, causing shubman to break their eye contact. ]

"yeah right. now let's go make something plsss, i'm sooo hungry." he said as he wears the apron and ties it around his waist.

i followed in his lead.

I cleaned up the kitchen and he takes out some carrots, potatoes and some tomatoes from the fridge. he starts chopping them as i cleaned the last bit of the tomato paste from the kitchen counter. i looked towards him. he has his back facing me. and my mind couldn't help but think how domestic this feels.

him in my kitchen cooking. till a few days back, he was interviewing me and now he's in my house, cooking for me. smiling to myself, i leaned into the counter as i continued looking at him with a big smile on face.

"backhug him" my intrusive thoughts surfaced up.

the smile left my face as i mumbled to myself a no..hesitantly ofc.

"backhug him"

"backhug him"

"backhug him"

the voices grew louder with each passing minutes and i found myself taking steps towards.

is it appropriate? should i do it? will it not make him uncomfortable? worse, what if he don't like it and complain it to the police and they take me to jail?

my thoughts silenced my inner voice but yet, i found myself walking closer to him. i was right behind of him. as if sensing my presence, he turned around.

bad choice ishan, very bad choice.
now we were inches away from each other.

my heart was running, jumping, pumping at 3277km/hr. blood rushed to my ears, making them hot. i saw his face freeze. ofc he wasn't excepting me right behind him. i watch his squishy cheeks go red like the tomato he was cutting.

i felt my throat go dry as i found myself subconsciously move towards him. our noses touch and we closed our eyes and then,

the phone rang.

THE FUCKING PHONE RANG.

ishan turned away and went back to chopping the veggies again.

i took a deep breath and stomped towards my phone with angry steps.

i picked it up and was about to give whoever called a piece of my mind but as i picked up, it was an unknown number.

"apke jio ka recharge jald hi khatam hone wala he, kripaya jaldi se recharge-"

before the voice could complete the sentence, i cut it. it took me so much resiliency to not throw the phone away from the 500th floor of burj khalifa.

"sorry about that. that bloody jio wale called reminding me to recharge."

i managed to get a chuckle out of him after which he went back to focus on making the perfect fried rice ever. i sat on one of the rotating chairs in the kitchen counter as i watched him crack the eggs, whisking it to a perfect scramble. he stir-fried the vegetables and added rice and the scrambled eggs to it. some salt, pepper, maggi masala(?), a bit of soy sauce and some sweet and spicy ketchup. he tossed the rice into air with sheer professionalism and i heaved a sigh of relief when it made its way back to the pan. and voila! it was ready!

I took the plates out and served the rice on both our plates in sufficient amount.
as i dived in and had the first bite, i felt like i ascended into heaven for a second.  it was so tasty i could get rid off my porsche to eat this if it was required. ishan looked at me expecting me to say something.

"how's it?"

i took his hands in mine and kissed them.

("UM SHUBMAN WHAT?" the inner shubmans spoke up.)

his face looked flustered.

"it is soo tasty ishan, ki man kar raha tha tumahari hathe chum lo and so i did."

he chuckled. (gosh i love his existence)

"thank you, mr. gill"

"you're most welcome, ishan gill" , the last two words inaudible.

°
°
°
ishan's pov

the fluffy rice barely made way to my stomach cause WELL HELLO? SHUBMAN MFKING GILL AND I WERE ABOUT TO KISS??!?!?!!??! UM WHAT?! IF THAT CALL HADN'T COME, WE WERE GONNA..OMFG WHAT?

i kept my very "calm thoughts" aside and began munching on the fried rice i made. i peeked over to him and oh, he was already looking at me.

i quickly looked away and finished my meal. i took my plate away to the kitchen and he followed me.

"ishan."

"yes?"

"i'll do the dishes later."

"no shubman it's fine. i'm already done."

"let me help." before i could protest, he wore the spare gloves and started with the dishes.

and there we were. me busy scrubbing the dishes and him drying them off and keeping it in the cupboard.

"so do you always order your dinner from the dining downstairs?" i asked amidst our task.

"most of the time, yeah."

"doesn't that affect you? i mean your bowels? i mean whenever i eat out, my bowels cusses me off."

he chuckled.

"the thing is i don't know how to cook. and i know It's not that i cannot learn but after practicing all day long, i barely could stand to have a shower. i get so tired so i just quickly call in room service."

"and one funny thing, when i bought this room, they asked if i wanted a kitchen along with it, i was so confident i would learn to cook, i immediately said yes. dumb old me haha."

"it's okay. i'm here now." i said smiling.

"huh?"

"I'll cook for you and call you over sometimes."

"really? you mean it?"

"ofcourse i do. you would get the comfort of good home food and well, i cannot possibly see my favorite cricketer's bowels sad ehehe."

beaming at me, he leaned in to hug me.

too many hugs today oh god, i might just melt away.

"thank you ishan! you're such a good-"

"friend? i know." i completed his sentence.

he broke off the hug and scratching the back of his neck, he hesitantly began,

"um ishan about that"

"i think there's something i want to tell you."

°•°

A/N

what could shubman possibly have to say to ishan? guess karte raho cuties ;)

till the next update, stay healthy and happy pookies! see you! (in a week or so)