14 ⚡︎ Hagrid the half-giant

All I Wanted by Paramore

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ .・゜✧﹒☁﹒✧゜・.﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"do not look for healing

at the feet of those who broke you"

-Rupi Kaur

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ .・゜✧﹒☁﹒✧゜・.﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

After dancing to a few songs, Cassie and Louis decided to go over to Harry and Ron, who were both sitting alone now. It seemed the Patil twins had realized that neither boys fancied dancing very much, and left them. Parvati, she noted, was now dancing with a Beauxbatons boy dressed in periwinkle blue robes, the same shade as Hermione's dress.

They sat down opposite them, and Ron, always the protective brother, was very opposed to Louis. Harry, however, had no problem with him, it seemed he had caught on much quicker than Ron had that Louis was alright, and nothing like their worst ideas of boys. Ron, she thought, was probably comparing him to Draco, since they were both pale and blonde with stormy grey eyes. Ron and Harry had never liked Draco, and neither of them could see the side of Draco that Cassie saw. The one that made her like him and want him as her friend.

Cassie couldn't help but be annoyed at Ron for his rudeness toward her date, but thankfully it seemed that Louis understood why Ron was being rude to him since Cassie had introduced the two as her brothers when they sat down at their table.

They were now conversing about the Triwizard Tournament, Hogwarts and Beauxbatons when Krum came up to their table, clutching two butterbeers and asking about 'Herm-ion-nini'. Cassie had to suppress a laugh at his truly extravagant pronunciation of Hermione, before Ron dismissed him very rudely, stating that they didn't know where she was. Cassie didn't need to ask to find out why he was being so rude to Krum when he was nothing short of his biggest fan before tonight. Ron liked Hermione, it was obvious. She scowled at him, before Louis kissed her full on the lips before going off, evidently tired of sitting there.

Cassie had a stunned look on her face as Louis went off to find his friends, and a blush was creeping up her cheeks. "Gods, I need some air" Ron stated, looking almost sick. She followed his gaze, and found Hermione and Krum slow dancing. It seemed that his sister's kiss, followed by Hermione and Krum's dance was too much for him. She and Harry followed him out of the great hall, Harry teasing her the entire way out. They walked around the grounds which had been decorated with rose bushes and beautiful fairy lights.

They set off on one of the paths but they had only gone a short way when they heard two awfully familiar voices. "I don't see what there is to fuss about, Igor." The oily and drooling voice of Snape said. The three of them hid slightly behind a bush to eavesdrop when Karkroff's voice became audible again.

"Severus, you cannot pretend this isn't happening! It's been becoming clearer and clearer for months, I'm becoming seriously concerned, I can't deny it!" He said, and Karkaroff's voice sounded rushed and anxious, while Snape sounded as calm as ever. Cassie listened on eagerly, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she did so.

"Then flee. Flee, I will make your excuses. I, however, am remaining at Hogwarts." Said Snape simply to Karkaroff, but the two men came around the corner just as Snape finished his sentence and he spotted the three of them. He looked at them suspiciously, with the usual nasty expression he saved just for her and Harry.

"We're walking." Ron started at him before Snape could say anything. "Not against the law, is it?" He finished and Snape looked more sour than ever. "Keep walking then!" He snarled at the three of them, sending Cassie a furious and mournful glance as they turned to walk away.