Chapter VX: Year II [Part I]

Aside from the Birthdays of Akko, who turned 18 and Owen, who turned 14, Summer Vacation, which happened after the last day at Luna Nova, was a blast. Owen didn't travel the world per-se, he wanted to save that as a special treat once he finished up at Luna Nova. He was only 14 and he had two more years to go before he was finally free from that crazy All-girl magical school.

Don't get it twisted, Owen did have fun and the challenges that awaited him helped him sharpen his skills as a fighter and philosopher. But there were other lands out there. Outside of Luna Nova. And Owen was just aroused by how many he'll find and the people he'll get to connect with and learn from.

To sum up Owen's first year at Luna Nova? It was interesting. A true humble beginning for someone who didn't know a thing about magic. However, to sum up the events outside of Luna Nova, Owen's relationship with his friends Mako, Bolin and Korra was on thin ice.

Korra Kimberly mostly would be the one to arrive at the doorstep of the Oshuan household to speak with Owen. Two times she believed Omara when she said that Owen wasn't home. Truth be told he wasn't. But when he was home, Korra knew it. Owen, when forced to confront Korra, kept his conversation with her short, sweet and straight to the point.

This strained their relationship further and added fuel to the flame that would probably be used against him later. By the end of August, it was time for the first year students to return back to Luna Nova, where they would begin their second year as second year students. "OWEN!" Akko, when she sees Owen, rushed towards him and tackled him playfully to the ground. She lands on top of him, grinning from ear to ear. "Happy Belated Birthday!" Akko and Owen shared the same birth month. Only difference was that Akko was born on August 7th, 2000 and Owen was born on August 14th, 2004.

"Oh yeah...Happy belated birthday to you too!" Owen giggles. "Oh that reminds me, I brought you a gift."

Akko gets off of Owen and helps him to his feet. "You did?" Akko asked Owen

"Yeah." He digs in his pocket and pulls out a rectangle box. "Here. Open it." He said

Akko takes Owen's gift to her and opens it. She lets out a gasp when she sees, in her hand, a necklace. The design looked as though it was done by an artist and the Jewel was unfamiliar yet...Beautiful. "Did you...Did you make this...For me...?" Akko asked Owen

"Yeah." Owen rubbed the back of his head, blushing a little bit. "I had some help from Dean and Gohan when it came to finding a very rare unnamed Jewel. Then my sisters wanted to help too."

"..." Akko's heart skipped a beat. "...No one I've ever met has ever given me a gift like this before..." She looked at Owen, her eyes looked as though she was about to cry. If the trembling tone in her voice wasn't enough to give that away. "I love it." She told him before hugging him again. 'Just as much as I love you'. Now Akko was NOT gonna say that out loud. But she had it in her mind to tell Owen that she was madly in love with him during winter break, when she had planned to ask him to come visit her homeland and family.

"I'm happy that you love it." Owen said, hugging Akko back. "Now you don't have to wear everyday if you don't want to-"

"I know." Said Akko, "But for today, I am. Just to show it off." She pulls away from Owen and hands him the necklace, "Would you...Do the honors of placing it around my neck?" She asked, flustering.

Owen flustered up too. "Sure." He said, getting as close to Akko as possible before gently placing the necklace around her neck. "Done." Owen moved back just enough so Akko could twirl around with her gift around her neck.

"Nice Necklace." Enter Sucy and Lotte meeting with their roommates and friends. "Where'd you get it from?" Sucy asked

"Owen got it for me." Akko tells Sucy, flustering. "It's a birthday gift to me. Something that I never gotten from someone before-"