Chapter eighteen

Five had driven around the city, and within a ten mile radius of the city, at least three times. "Five we haven't found them today, doing it again probably won't do anything. Can we please just find a place to sleep for the night?"

"Shut the hell up Y/n, just sleep on the back seat."

I start to climb into front seat and I grab the steering wheel. "Let go of the wheel Y/n!" He yells.

"Pull over and I will!" I yell back.

Luther had been asleep but he wakes up due to our yelling. "What is going on?" Luther asks sleepily.

"Five pull the fucking car over!"

"Let go of the wheel!"

I see another pair of headlights coming straight towards us. Before we know it the car crashes into us.

*At a hospital*

I slowly open my eyes to a bunch a hushed voices in my room. "Where am I?" I ask barely being able to speak.

"Hey we need a doctor in here." Luther yells, sounding a bit puzzled.

The doctor walks in with a shocked look on his face once he sees me. "Where am I?" I ask once more.

"You are at the town hospital. There was a car crash and you were the only person injured. He pauses for a second before continuing with, i'm sorry you were in a medically induced coma. How are you awake?"

"I don't know, you're the doctor." I respond, because I obviously don't have a phd.

"I need to consult with some other doctors. I'll be back soon." The doctor whispers before booting out of the room.

I look over to Five and he has bloodshot eyes. "Five Hargreeves look at me right now." I demand.

He looks up and asks, "What?"

"Have you been crying?" I ask in almost a laugh.

"Shut up, I was worried about you."

"What? Are you kidding?" I ask looking over at Luther, who is also shocked.

"Five maybe we should admit you into the hospital as well. Maybe you have a head injury." Luther jokes walking over to Five and putting his hand over his head.

"Guys shut up i'm fine, I told you guys I do care about more than just solving mysteries." He whispers wiping a tear from his cheek.

"Aww that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

"He's actually confessed his love for you but that's the nicest thing he's ever said. Makes sense." Luther states while sitting back down.

"You really didn't have to bring that up, is all i'm saying." I say rubbing my neck due to embarrassment.

"We should get out of here before the doctor gets back." Fives states while standing up.

I nod and pull the IV out of my arm. I start to stand up but almost collapse once i'm on both feet. Five catches me before I fall. "I think you might need to stay here." He whispers holding me up.

"Can we just leave? I'm fine." I say rolling my eyes.

"Whatever, but if you don't get better by tomorrow we're coming back here."

"Ok, let's go, and quickly probably because he's probably coming back."

*The next day*

I wake up in a random hotel room. I sit up, rub my eyes, and slowly yawn. "How are you feeling?" Luther asks sitting on the bed across from me.

"My head is pounding but don't tell Five." I respond holding my head.

"Y/n I don't know you could have something seriously wrong."

"I'm fine Luther, I probably just need to take an aspirin."

"I'm going to tell Five."

"Tell Five what?" Five asks walking into the bedroom.

"Nothing." I practically yell.

"She's lying, y/n i'll leave it to you to tell him the truth." Luther says walking into the bathroom.

"What's wrong?" He asks sitting on the bed across from me.

"My head just hurts a little bit." I slightly lie.

"I'm taking you back to the hospital. Luther and I will find everyone else." Five says reaching for my hand.

"No i'm going to help you." I respond slapping his hand away.

He takes a deep breath and then basically whispers, "Fine, fine, let's go."

"Ok, let me just get up." I say weakly pulling myself up and getting light headed.

I start to slightly fall over and Five grabs me, "You're either staying here or going back to the hospital y/n, it's not a choice anymore." He sternly states still holding me.

"Five I'm a grown adult, not a child you can control anymore." I argue while putting my hands on his shoulders for support.

"Please y/n, i'm seriously trying to do what's best for you."

I think for a few seconds and whisper, "You're right, i'm sorry Five."

"I'm right?" Five asks completely letting go of me letting me fall to the ground.

"He's right?" Luther asks right after Five.

"What the fuck? Why did you drop me?" I ask ignoring them.

"Oh i'm sorry y/n." He says crouching down and offering me his hand.

"Such a gentleman." I say sarcastically grabbing his hand.

When I grabbed his hand I felt a rekindled spark between us. I seen it on Fives face that he also felt it.

________________
word count: 882