Memories

I wish that you would stay in my memories,
But you show up today, just to ruin things,
I wanna put you in the past 'cause I'm traumatized,
But you're not letting me do that,

- Memories, Conan Gray
_______________________________________________________________________________

Panting and flushing, Oscar's head dropped as he leaned against the wall; still trying to process what happened. His cheeks were coated in a  rosy pink, mouth hanging agape. His hair had fallen slightly due to Carlos's arm flattening it; he could still feel the burning sensation where his touch had been. Pulling away, the other one walked towards the sinks; hands dropping to rest on the marble top. His head tilted to one side, hair still perfectly combed back. Catching a glimpse of Oscar, peering at him through his eyelashes, he offered a fake smile. His eyes conveyed a mix of confusion and anger, eyebrows furrowed.

"What.." he mumbled, still flooded with confusion and shock, "Why did you do that?"

Shrugging in response, the Spaniard offered a simple, "Don't know, felt like it." The lie slipped through his tongue easily, something he had much experience with; especially with the Aussie standing behind him.

"And you were talking too much," he teased, though considering the other driver's reaction, he was very much not amused, chocolate pupils still dilated.

That kiss had reignited a fire deeply buried within Oscar, all the treacherous memories he had tried so immensely to suppress resurfaced. That god-awful night in Miami where he had been deceived, thinking that someone he loved actually loved him back for once.

_________________________________________________________________

The loud roar of drunk souls echoed in the lively atmosphere of the bar, slurred lyrics to an unknown song escaping their lips. Carlos had come to celebrate the 2nd win in his career, the loud cheers of his team muffled due to the amount of noise. Oscar stood to the side of the bar, quietly observing and cocktail in hand. He had been dragged here by his teammate Lando, who was by now somewhere also celebrating with his friend Carlos.

After a few more sips, Oscar's eyes flicked through the crowd, aiming for the exit. Ready to make his escape, he was abruptly stopped by a figure approaching him, who was undoubtedly the star of the party; Carlos. The younger one raised his eyebrows, looking behind to see if the Spaniard was aiming for someone else.

Eliciting a laugh from him, he felt warm fingers brushing against his chin, bringing his gaze back to the older one.

"I'm looking for you, pretty boy, unless you don't want to be with me," he said, smug smile on face as always while he ordered 2 gins.

Oscar's cheeks flushed with a bright pink under the name, thankful for the dim lights that obscured it.

It wouldn't be a lie that the Aussie had a slight crush on the older one (okay maybe slight would be an understatement), always in awe and admiration of everything he did, and there was no denying his insanely good looks.

"Congratulations on your win," he mumbled, the sting of the gin hitting the back of his throat and interrupting him. Offering a polite smile, the other one spoke after finishing his shot, "You were amazing out there for a rookie, are you always this amazing at everything?"

Cheeks tinting rose again, all the Aussie could do was offer a polite smile, not sure of what to say. Some small talk began to flow between them, increasing with the more drinks they had.

"Shouldn't your team be waiting for you?" the Aussie spoke after he stopped laughing at some joke Carlos had cracked before. In response, the Spaniard hummed, gaze softening as he leaned in to brush some locks off Oscar's forehead. The touch spread throughout his entire body, the warmness of his hands relaxing Oscar. Leaning into his ear, Carlos finally responded,