Chapter 6 - The Departure

You wake up with a jolt, feeling the worst pain you've ever felt. You scream out in agony and Sebastian runs over to you. It feels like everything is on fire, burning. Except your nerves won't burn away. At least then the pain would stop, but this feels endless.

The villagers all have returned from the bar and Sebastian has finally realized that you never stayed at the bar.

Sebastian immediately starts looking for you around camp. He knows you won't go far, but he's still worried about you.

Why...why does he care so much? You're just a damn monster.

You've killed more people than there were in Sebastian's hometown. Your drunk mind can't comprehend such things.

Jake walks with Sebastian, and you whistle sarcastically as they walk by the tree you are in. Sebastian looks up and asks, "Syl? Where have you been?"

"Here, duh," you wave your empty whiskey bottle in the air. You sit up so you can make eye contact with them.

You here Jake ask almost rhetorically, "Did she drink that entire bottle?"

"Nope. It was only half full," you answer, realizing too late that he talked way too quiet for a human to hear at your distance.

Sebastian and Jake both give you different looks. Jake is confused and Sebastian gives you a look that usually means "be careful".

"So what are you guys even doing here?" you ask, speaking slightly slower than usual.

Sebastian sighs, "We were looking for you. It's harder to find you when you haven't started a bar fight."

"That party just wasn't my scene. Didn't feel like fighting," You shrug, knowing full well that you never had any plans on partying.

Jake asks, "You gonna come down? I wanna ask a favor."

"Maybe... Maybe not."

Jake rolls his eyes and you smirk. "What's got you in such a mood? Ohhh right, what is the favor you want anyway?"

"You feel like sneaking into the bar and nabbing some alcohol?"

"Damn, I never thought of that. We need alcohol for the road after all."

Sebastian shakes his head, "No. Nope. I'm not dealing with you day drinking, especially when you're the best fighter here."

Huh, does he think I'll kill someone or that I can't fight when I'm drunk? He knows I can still fight.

He really thinks I'd kill someone. He's not wrong but still. I don't think I've ever killed anyone while I was drunk... anyone that didn't deserve it. I did kill those pervert assholes but they deserved it.

He really doesn't trust me, does he?

"You're no fun," you stick your tongue out at him pettily.

You climb out of the tree unsteadily. You almost fall again, but you catch yourself. "Alright, I'll go steal some alcohol, any requests?"

Jake shakes his head, "I've never really drank before  so I don't know."

"Ohhhh this is a one time thing. I'm getting the rum."

Sebastian immediately says, "No. You are not drinking rum. Do that shit when we get to the city, and I don't have to worry about you passing out on the floor and everyone leaving your ass."

"So pass out where you WILL find me. Got it." You zip off as you hear Sebastian immediately groaning at your selective hearing. You don't even bother hiding your speed from Jake, partially from being drunk and, since he already knows that you aren't normal.