𝐕𝐈: Fire never bothered me anyway

Asherah

I 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗣𝗶𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁. I glanced at Leo and he gave me a thumbs up and a wink, I smirked and ducked out of the amphitheater, into the forest. I walked about ten steps when Leo almost crashed into me. I moved aside letting him fall onto the ground face first.

"Really?" He asked glaring at me on the ground, I gave him my hand but he slapped it away and got up himself, I shrugged and trudged on he followed.

"You got matches?" I asked, he shook his head 

"I got the next best thing" he lit his hands on fire and I winced, that was very very weird every single time he did it.

"Really?" I asked him removing a tree branch, out of my way, I held it aside until Leo passed "The next best thing's a torchlight"

"Well we're short of resources here Ashy" I rolled my eyes and picked up a random twig, I ripped a generous part of my shirt, I care for my clothes but this one was really old anyway and it annoyed me in the a- disregard that, I tied it around the top of the twig

"Here" I put the twig in the fire on Leo's hand, he put it out and we used our DIY torch, "Hold it" I shoved it to him

"Why me?"

"Well for starters you don't know where this dragon is right? So if it sees us it'll go for the light and I have time to run" he glared at me

"So I'm a sacrifice?"

"Of sorts"

"Unbelievable"

"Happens when you don't like people"

He paused for a second "And why don't you like me again?" I scoffed and kept on moving, "Ok, but it'll get worse if you don't tell people"

"That people isn't you" I snapped, he looked down and I sighed, I was not great at this whole talking to people thing, I decided to give it a shot.

 "I knew this dude" I said examining my surroundings, he seemed surprised I was opening up to him now, so was I we all surprise ourselves sometimes "Beckendorf"

"Oh the guy who died in an explosion" Leo said, I nodded 

"Well there were two more people with him during the explosion on the boat"

"Percy Jackson" Leo answered

I heaved my shoulders and didn't finish for him, if he was smart he would figure it out. I was so close to Beckendorf, I could have stopped him or I could've told him that I can do it, he had so much to live for, I didn't even have a proper family.

"So what now" I said trying to change the topic

"We find you know traces of oil or bronze mechanical parts or dragon footprints or-"

"Ok ok I got it Sherlock" I said sarcastically 

"I thought I was knuckle head?" he joked "New nickname?"

"New insult" I corrected him, he raised the torch a bit so we could see ahead properly, suddenly I heard a little twig breaking and a large furry creature in the trees, my breath hitched, I froze to the spot waiting for something to approach, waiting...waiting it's moving, I pulled out my bobby pin and then, I felt something on my shoulder.

"Holy shit!" I screamed, the bobby pin in my hand was a sword by the time I turned around

"AAAH! I'm to handsome to die!" I realized it was just Leo, I put my sword down, and waited