Chapter 9

Abhimaan POV
I was driving in anger and rage the entire time. I made a grave mistake by not putting up a guard outside her room, because I never fucking imagined that she would flee.

"Can you just calm down for a little while, I'm not gonna die at such a young age. I haven't done anything till now abhi." Veer shouted but it all turned deaf ear.

The location showed an hour away from the venue. It was all good until I saw his brother's phone, she had sent her location to him.

As soon as I reached the location and got out of the car. I saw her. Through the big glass window. Dressed in a red lehenga. Dupatta on her head. Filled with jewellery.

For a matter of second, the sight was mesmerising. But after that, my rage took over. I quickly ran as soon as I could and collided into her.

A part of my heart was broken to see her like that. Why would she take such a decision?

Then I recalled something. More like a vague memory. The hate and the rage in me boosted up to the top and the next second I was dragging her on the way to the temple.

When we reached the temple, we sat on the ground and pandit ji started chanting the mantras.

I could see her from the corner of my eye. She looked devastated. Soon the pheras started.

I promise and pray to god for our healthy and prosperous life.

I promise to seek strength to protect my house and my children.

I promise to give everything that she wishes for.

I promise to give all the happiness that she deserves.

I promise to love her in sickness and in health.

I promise to be loyal till eternity.

I promise to love her till death do us apart.

CONGRATULATIONS, NOW YOU BOTH ARE HUSBAND AND WIFE.

It was afternoon when we reached my house. She didn't uttered a single word for the whole journey. As soon as we reached the gate I heard her meek voice.

"Don't worry I wont say anything."
"You're the one who ran. Why are you blaming it on me?"
I asked but she didn't respond.

"Where the hell were you both I was so tensed you don't

"Where the hell were you both I was so tensed you don't....."

"Mom, we got married." Everyone came to the front door, hands on their mouth.

Mom will surely slap me now. Damn.

"Why did you do this bhai." Ansh asked deadpanned.

"I got such a cute lehenga for your wedding." Riya shouted from behind.
"Bhai this is not done."

"Seriously I'm not talking to you"
Ansh and Riya started fighting while Dev bhaia questioned me with his hands.

"Stop it both of you. Let them come in." Dad shouted from behind.
Why is he so calm?

I was slightly watching her from the corner of my eye and a slight smile appeared seeing them fight.
"Shut up both of you! Let me bring thali and Kalash." Mom shouted while going away towards the kitchen.

"Why did you take this step abhi?" Dev bhaia questioned.

"I'll tell you everything later." I said turning towards him.

Just then mom came with a thali in her hand and started praying.

"Now you have to put your right leg and slightly push the Kalash and then you both can enter." Mom said explaining the whole ritual.

" Mom said explaining the whole ritual

"Beta, I know that you don't like when someone questions your decision, and I won't ask why you got married in such a haste, but I request you, always keep her safe and happy

"Beta, I know that you don't like when someone questions your decision, and I won't ask why you got married in such a haste, but I request you, always keep her safe and happy." Mom whispered to me and I nodded in approval.

After a lot of rituals, finally we were done and everybody went to sleep. While I went towards the study room with bhai.
"Why did you do it so suddenly." Bhai asked.
"Because I had no option. I hissed in anger already fed up everyone asking me the same question.

"This is not the reason abhi. You don't realise what you have done. This whole scenario won't change anything in your life, but it will have a huge impact on her. A girl comes in someone else house, she has to spent her whole life, leaving behind her family, her career, her everything." Bhai explained.

"You think I don't know all this bhai, and who said I would not let her work. I am not the kind of authoritative man who would like to keep his wife at home. If she wants to work then she will work. Why does she need my permission? Who am I to give her permission."
I said picking up a wine.

Do these men exist in real life ? 🥲

"What are you doing? Keep this and go to your room she must be waiting." Bhaia shouted snatching the bottle away from me.

What has gotten into him?

I don't want to go to my room. She must be ready to yell at me and I'm not ready for this drama.
I was standing near the door when I heard the sound of her bangles jingling.
As soon as I entered the room, I was hit by her lavender scent.

"Why are you sleeping on the sofa, come sleep on the bed." I shouted.

———————————————————

Hahaaa! I love riya and Ansh banter 😂
Finally the real drama starts 🙂‍↕️

Stay tuned for more chapters!