Chapter 12

Abhimaan POV
"How many times did I tell you to sleep on the bed yesterday?" I called out, meanwhile riya was wrapping the crape bandaid tape.
I frequently asked her to sleep on the bed, not because of any reason, but as genuine concern as it was clearly visible that she was feeling uncomfortable on that sofa.

There are three things that are most important in a relationship, abhimaan- trust, loyalty and respect. And you proved that you'll never be able to trust me or respect me for the fact.

Her words kept echoing in my mind the whole day because she was right. I saw her crying while talking to her friends.
This is all because of him, who fucking ruined everything.
That Anshuman Kapoor, we were in the same college, and now he is the biggest rival of our company. His company, the Kapoor industries, is the second most successful company after us.

Flashback
"How do you know about all this?" I asked Anshuman, who was sitting in front of me in the office next to veer.
"She dated a friend of mine, she's a gold digger dude. She used all his money while they were dating and left him." He completed, picking the whiskey glass.

"I don't think so, she doesn't look like the kind of person who would betray anyone for the sake of money." Veer said in a serious tone.

Why is he supporting her?

"On what basis are you saying that?" I questioned veer in an irritated voice.

"I don't know. She looks genuine. I mean if she was after your money, she wouldn't have to fled away from her own wedding."

Flashback ends

Veer was right the whole time. He actually made a valid point. She wouldn't run away from the wedding. She could have asked for the money instead.

I should have done a background check before shouting on her.
I need to get a background check on Anshuman instead.

Fucking bastard.

"Where are you lost bhai?." Riya asked me, snapping her finger in front of me.
"Huh? Go and sleep, it's late." I said to which she went off, shrugging her shoulders.
Afterwards, I saw her going towards the sofa again.
"Kiara."
I called out and she turned around to look at me. I could see her eyes being swollen from crying.
"I'm sorry for today."
"I know it wasn't the truth yet I shouted off at you. I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I said rather abruptly with an evidence of guilt in my voice.
I could see her face twitching with my confession.
It was a genuine apology.
She nodded with a stern face and started moving towards the sofa again.
"If you don't want to talk to me, don't. But please sleep on the bed." I said, exhaling.

Without a word, she went towards the bed and sat leaving me relieved.
After freshening up, I grabbed a pillow and a blanket, and quickly laid on the sofa.
Damn it was uncomfortable.

My 6'5 height would never be able to adjust here as I could feel my feels were practically in the air.

"Abhimaan"
I heard her meek voice.
"You can sleep on the bed."
She replied and i turned around to face her.
What did she said?

"Are you sure? I mean last time I checked you didn't wanted to see my face?" I questioned lifting my eyebrows.
"You are uncomfortable there." She replied.
"I am fine actually?" I said fixing the pillow.
"Do you want me to change my decision?" She asked me.
"No I can come there." I quickly ran and laid down next to her. Two pillow were laid in between the bed to maintain a partition and I stared at her back. She looked so mesmerising while sleeping.
Soon sleep engulfed me...