Chapter 13

Kiara POV
I was too angry with him. He didn't even trust me or tried to hear my side of the story and simply trusted a stranger.

I don't even care whatever he thinks of me now. But I was too shocked when he came forward to apologise with pure guilt plastered on his face. It should be, he shouted at me despite knowing the truth.

I smiled internally when he tried so hard to adjust to the sofa. So I called him up to sleep on the bed. Not before making a partition with the pillows.

In the morning, I woke up with a familiar scent. Opening my eyes and seeing our positions, I immediately stood up, running towards the washroom, and he stared at me again when I came out of the washroom.

It was all so weird. It was like his eyes could see through my soul and I've never seen him watch me with such intensity.

Earlier that day,
"You know, I was so scared that he might say something, but he didn't."
Kanishka was constantly blabbering about her first day in Oberoi Technologies and Ethical Services. Apparently, she got placed in Veer's company, Abhimaan's best friend.
We were sitting in a cafe to catch up with each other.
"Kiara? What about you? how's everything?" Naina questioned.
"It's good." I replied in the lowest tone possible.
"Is something wrong?."

Flashback
"Kiara beta, please be ready by 1, Abhi's bua will be coming to meet you."
Mom shouted from the kitchen.
"Okay aunty." I replied back.
"Beta, I'm your mother too, just like Abhi, you can call me mom." Mom said smiling widely towards me.
"Jii maa." I replied. I genuinely liked her from the start as I always felt a protective attraction towards her.

I quickly got ready after applying the sindoor and adjusting the nuptial chain around my neck.

As soon as I descended the stairs, she was already seated in the hall. I frowned when I saw everyone's faces bowed down.

"Namaste Bua Ji."I said quickly bending down to touch her feet.
"So, you finally got time to meet me?"
Fear started gripping me by her first choice of words towards me.

"It's not like that Bua ji, I was not feeling well that is why I came late." I explained while sitting down towards the corner of the sofa.
But the next second she threw a bombshell on me.

"Why did you run away from your wedding?."

The question everyone was waiting for.
The question which is probably in everyone's mind.
The question and the answer that has been haunting me ever since I entered this house with him.
The question of which everyone deserves to know the truth.
Panic and fear started rushing through my whole body as I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"I uhh actually.."
"Where is maya bua ji?."Dev bhaia asked, interrupting me in between.
"She has gone to college. By the way, I always thought Maya would be a perfect match for Abhimaan."
She said in a poisonous tone, looking towards Suman maa.

"Oh come on bua ji, you know Abhimaan doesn't pay heed to random girls." Dev bhaia replied sipping his coffee casually while everyone's faces fell to the ground.

I saw Suman Maa and Ansh smiling from the corner of my eye.
"Watch your words Dev. Suman, didn't you give any lessons on respecting your elders." Bua ji almost shouted keeping the tea cup aside.
"Yeah, she taught us how to respect our elders that is why we love our Bhabhi." Ansh said hugging me sideways.

"Yes, our Bhabhi is perfect for our grumpy bhai." Riya said hugging me from sideways too.

God, what did I do to deserve such a cute family? So this is what family feels like.