Chapter 52: Showdown on Poni Island

Niku and Eevee were currently making their way to the Ruins of Paradise thinking the Groundium Z could be there. As they were making their way up the path, they found Hapu, but she was struggling to control her Mudsdale.

 As they were making their way up the path, they found Hapu, but she was struggling to control her Mudsdale

Hapu: Calm yourself! Why will you not stand still?!

Niku: Hm?

Eevee: Vee?

Hapu: What is the matter with you?! What has happened?!

Niku: Hapu? What's going on here?!

Hapu looked over and noticed Niku and Eevee.

Hapu: Oh, it's you.

Niku: What's with Mudsdale?

Hapu: I don't know! It simply ran wild out of nowhere!

Eevee: Eevee!

Niku looked down at Mudsdale and noticed something was stuck in it's huff.

Niku: I see now. Eevee if you please.

Eevee used Iron Tail and smacked the object that was in it's huff, which was a Corsola branch.

Niku: So that's what caused it.

Hapu: Ah! This is a piece of a Corsola branch.

Niku: Something this sharp can trigger a Pokémon to go wild.

Niku walks up to Mudsdale and started petting it.

Niku: It's alright big fella.

Mudsdale: Dale!

Hapu: I see. You must be relieved, Mudsdale. Niku, you're a good fellow. On the other hand...

Hapu then look down saddened.

Happy: I failed to notice the reason my friend was suffering... Who knows what would have befallen us had you both not arrived? Oh, of course! Will you let us thank you both in someway? Mudsdale is in your debt!

Niku: There's no need for that. Now I have to keep moving.

Niku walked ahead but Mudsdale got in front of Niku and Hapu wasn't gonna let him move forward.