Chapter 13: Two Fronts

+++++

•• 2 Days Later, Qua-Toyne, Principality of Qua-Toyne ••

It is not uncommon for reporters and journalists to be seen running around with their activities within the capital city of Qua-Toyne, especially right after the end of the Rodenius War when a mysterious nation calling itself 'Japan' suddenly stepped up and destroyed the army and navy of Louria just before the demi-human nations were overrun. Such an event stirred the massive newspaper and broadcasting outlets, scrambling towards the continent to at the very least write down the entire ordeal.

But, as far as it went, Japan and their personnel are just too hard to even ask permission for an interview, leading up to widespread rumors and speculations that they are the Ancient Sorcerous Empire, or the fabled Emissaries of the Sun God. Even in the port of Maihark that was expanded and renovated to accommodate the gigantic Japanese ships, not a single reporter from the Civilized Areas can go near their ships due to the tight security.

"Uwaaaaaaaaahhh~ how can I start writing this article without any clear information?????? This is just so hard, Sir Magis, I want to switch topics to write!!"

Inside the headquarters of Mirishial Inquiry just within the outskirts of Qua-Toyne, writers were pressed on their deadline as they frantically searched for more information regarding Japan. Lately, it has become the hot topic after they asked for diplomatic relations with the Holy Mirishial Empire, Mu, and other First and Second Civilization countries. Leinera, a Mirishial writer for the company is currently hellbent, sulking as her elven ears twitched, her hair starting to become a mess.

The Mirishial Inquiry is the biggest news and media company in the New World, actively monitoring the situation in the globe. Their reporters and correspondents can be frequently seen in important events such as coronations or conflicts, as they can also serve as the eyes of the nation.

"Oi oi, Leinera, stop sulking, we can't do anything, we need to come up with something!", her colleague and the section editor, Magis, scolded her, sipping tea. "We were lucky that we got a glimpse of Louria's surrender, and that's all! We can't enter their embassy nor get an interview from their guards!", he added, exclaiming in stress as he crashed himself onto his chair.

"Eeeehhh, but have we tried the port of Jin-Hark???? I heard they took over the naval base there?", Leinera glanced at Magis, resting her arms on the desk and lowering her head. Clearly, her table is in a mess, as panels of paper and ink are sprawled while floating tabs displaying images and information they gathered are flashed. "Reges and Hauft's team went there, and they were told that they cannot give interviews... turn of your hologram display, you're wasting mana, Lein.", her editor simply replied as she turned off her display, causing the tabs to disintegrate mid-air.

"Guys!!!"

"Hmm??"

The sound of hurried footsteps akin to running made the two gaze into the entrance of their quarters as their communications staff member, Ceriff, appeared, holding a paper in her hands and panting. "Oh, Ceriff, did the mainland contacted us??", Magis asked.

"Yes", she nodded vigorously. "Japan is sending their military in Topa, they're ordering us to be deployed there along with the other Central Civilization reporters."

And after that, the Rodenius Bureau of the Mirishial Inquiry began preparing for their deployment.

•• Tokyo, Japan ••

Protesters gathered in a large column outside the premises of the Prime Minister's Residence. Anti-war protesters have been a thing ever since the end of the Second World War and the Japanese Civil War that followed it. Now that Japan is thrown into the chaos of the New World, their sentiments became much aggressive, even to the point of physical attacks. During the deployment on Louria, tomatoes were thrown into the guards outside Yokosuka, pushing the responders to take harsh actions.